Audi Configuration tool - no longer showing Exclusive Paint options

Shaq12

Drive it like its hot!
Reaction score
Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted on here but hoping someone can help

Has anyone else noticed this? I have been looking at getting a new A5 for a while (so have spec'd a few online over the months, as you do!) and finally got round to sorting myself out to doing it all. I find the "standard" A5 colours fairly underwhelming so was going to dig deep and get an Exclusive Colour; Ara Blue.

But now from the dealer I am talking to they are saying, they are not able to add the paint - they have called their administration to see if they could order the car with the Exclusive paint - this is not an available option to order from the factory at the moment. It has been removed in anticipation for model year 19 changes and potentially could be put back on in August but no guarantee - there has been no information launched about this from Audi as of yet.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have never known them ever do anything like this before... I am going to call another Stealer later on but thought I'd see if anyone has the inside track here...

Cheers
C

Noticed the alloys I specced on mine two weeks ago have disappeared as well from the Configurator. Have emailed my dealer to check if it will affect my order.
I wasn’t aware of any 2019 changes?

Noticed the alloys I specced on mine two weeks ago have disappeared as well from the Configurator. Have emailed my dealer to check if it will affect my order.
I wasn’t aware of any 2019 changes?

yeah notice my wheels I have are have gone ! wonder if they are going to bring out a black edition and put them on it ?

It seems like the Light and Vision Pack for the S5 is gone as well - I was about to pull the trigger and now I’m wondering if I should wait for the 19 model / specs to come through.

Hope the refresh finally includes Black Optics

This happened to me last year - after spending several months deliberation which options to go for, was told two weeks after placing my order that some were no longer avaible pending the launch of the 2018 model year. Seem to remember the light and vision pack was dropped and ended up having to wait another 4 - 6 weeks before being able to order the configuration i wanted

Well after much deliberation... Do I wait for the 19 model... Do I wait to get Ara Blue... vs. the deal I have been offered is amazing and it may well go up come the 19 models! I've decided to add a couple more options on and go for Dayton Grey and spent the exclusive paint money on upgraded alloys & light pack - lets hope its the right choice!

yeah notice my wheels I have are have gone ! wonder if they are going to bring out a black edition and put them on it ?

I would imagine a Black Edition is a given if it follows previous convention. What’s actually included in that spec is anybody’s guess though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk