Audi Concert to mmi 3g basic

S3 Rav

Reaction score
Hi guys...as the title says....is this a quick and straight swap or is there more work that needs to be done.

Speakers are B&O if that makes a difference?

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

R

From what i understand, it's not cheap or all that easy. The good news it that there seem to be lots of alternatives these days, including adding Apple Car play/Android auto and touch screen, which means that you might not need to go through the hassle of a major MMI retrofit.

These guys have a bunch of MMI upgrades https://www.hazzydayz.com/a4-8k-s4-8k-rs4-8k---2013-2016-80-c.asp

And here's an A7 that has gone through a similar(ish) upgrade.

Did you car come from the factory with the Concert head unit and B&O speaker package? Seems a bit of an odd combo for the original buyer to option.

Good luck!

Reactions: S3 Rav
Ahhh not what I was hoping. Was asking as theres a mmi 3g basic in the classifieds for a not so high price and was hoping for a straight swap.

Totally agree @Super Nintendo Chalmers feels like an odd combo to have concert with the B&O. It's how I bought the car but that's not to say it's how it came out of the factory.

There's a lot of work and money converting from concert to MMI 3G. There are quite a few threads on here on how to do it. I've done the concert to MMI 3G+ because I like doing retrofit stuff as a hobby. If I was to do it again I would probably go for a concert/symphony with DAB (sounds good with the B&O amp, which mine had already) and an android capable replacement screen. I think there is thread on here about Android replacement screens???

Thanks for this guys. Back to the drawing board...will have a look through those threads.

R

I looked into doing this before. The big difference between the 2 systems is the concert is a CAN based system whilst the MMI systems run off fibre optic so there is a lot of modules involved. When I priced it up I was looking at around £1300 in parts to do it. I settled on the RSnav android unit in the end for around £500.

The problem with spending a fortune on upgrading the OEM system is that you still end up with something that is now old technology. I'd recommend spending your money (possibly less of it at that) on an aftermarket add-on such as the RSNav android unit @EXSpartan36 mentioned or an Apple CarPlay module.

If it's the kit I'm selling you are thinking about doing a conversion with, you will need some additional items to do a full conversion, here is a list another member posted up a while back. Prices have dropped a bit on some of the stuff.

So here are the parts I got:
MMI Main Unit |
Gateway | 8R0 907 468 N | £20
Dab Radio | 4G0 035 061 D | £100
7 Inch Display |
DAB Antenna Amplifier | 8K5 035 225 AC | £10
FM/AM Antenna Amplifier | 8K5 035 225 AA | £10
MMI Control Panel |
Climate control panel | 8K2820043AH | £20
Main Unit Mount (Dash) | 8K0 858 969 | £30
Radio Mount (Boot) | 8T0 907 368 A | £20
Screen Trim | 8K2 857 185 F | £30
Microphones | 4L1 035 711 C | £10
Fibre optic, Fakra cables, quadlock connectors and some other connectors from Audi
LVDS Cable (MMI to Display)
GPS Receiver from Ebay - £5

I've taken off the bits I'm selling as a kit