Audi Concert II to RNS-E & Bluetooth

mattyg123

Reaction score
As above, I currently have the Concert II stereo in my A3. It also has factory fitted bluetooth installed, which has been working fine in terms of reiceving calls etc. Although I don't have the ability to look up contacts, which i'm sure if my headunit is supposed or not may be the case to do?

My question is if I upgrade to the RNS-E, will the factory fitted bluetooth continue to work seamlessly or is my current bluetooth set-up only functional with my Concert II headunit?

Many thanks in advance for the help. :)

I'm certainly no expert matty but I think the bluetooth is seperate from the headunit so should be fine.

The rns will significantly improve the BT interaction & even better with an mfsw :)

Hi sorry for hijacking a post but I saw you have a concert 2 stereo with oem Bluetooth.

I didnt think that you could use the Bluetooth module with that head unit
Just asking if you can because I have got the Audi Bluetooth module cheap a while ago but never installed it because I thought it required the rnse to work

So just wanting to confirm can you use and connect the Bluetooth module to a concert double din head unit

Last edited:
Brilliant you learn somthing new everyday lol I will bave to check elsa out and get the loom made up that's another job added to my list

In the future I will be purchasing an rnse but untill then I can use the bluetooth

To what extent can you use the Bluetooth I have a multifunction steering wheel and dis does it just connect to your phone and the cut the stereo when you receive a call ?

Yep, press the mode button for your phonebook then scroll using the scroll wheel on the left hand side ..

You can also press the voice button on the steering wheel for voice dialing but I'm not sure what else you can do as mine speaks to me in German and I can't get it changed due to modified software :(

Mine speaks in english and I still struggle to get it to do anything!

'Dial home', "sorry?", 'Dial home' "Do you want to delete home", 'no!!!' is about how it normally goes!

Haha, my voice recognition isn't too bad actually. I use the following to dial a number:

Me: "Select name"
Audrey: "Name please"
Me: "Beth"
<Repeats my recording of 'Beth'>
Me: "Dial"
Audrey: "Number is being dialled"

My biggest problem is storing a voicetag...

Me: "Store"
Audrey: "Star"
Me: "Delete. Store"
Me: "Delete. Store"
Me: "Stupid ****"
Audrey: "Pardon?"

:banghead:

Just another question regarding the Bluetooth and the speech dialling is the SDS part of it a different module or is it done via the BT module ? I've got a MFSW with the mode buttons and speech button

Also I have a module that ends in a D but I see there are others that end in a E what's the differnces ? And where can I find out the differences between the modules ? Is there a list somewhere ?

Cheers

Voice commands are from the Bluetooth unit itself and SDS is part of the RNS-E Sat Nav system.

No difference between D & E - both support basic functionality, which means they aren't compatible with the RNS-E Sat Nav. Bluetooth would still work fine if you retrofitted an RNS-E but you wouldn't be able to dial or view phonebook from RNS-E etc.

Ok
That's brilliant so there's no difference between them

So does that mean then when I install an rnse in the future I will have to replace the BT module if so which module will I need so that the BT works with the Rnse ?

You don't need to install a different bluetooth module, only if you want to unlock the features in the RNS-E which includes the dial, phonebook, received calls and dialled calls.

You can choose any Bluetooth revision except from A, D, E and ones without a suffix. I'd also stay away from rev K as this one has known firmware issues.

Cheers jb0o

You can choose any Bluetooth revision except from A, D, E and ones without a suffix. I'd also stay away from rev K as this one has known firmware issues.

Can I just check that ive got this correctly my D module will work with the RNSE and my current concert HU and in the future when i retrofit the RNSE it will work but it won't have all the functions you stated If I want all the functions then I need to upgrade the BT
Unit to any number APART from A,D,E and K ?

Yup thats correct.

rev K will be fully compatable with the RNS-E however a lot of these were replaced under warranty due to a dodgy firware, so best keep away from one of those unless it's dirt cheap.

I've got rev 'H' in my A3 and works perfectly with the RNS-E.

Hi can I just double check will a BT unit ending in a S work in a A4 B7

It states it is a Europe module
Just want to check cheers

Just a quick bluetooth question.
On a Concert II+/Symphony II+, without MFSW, will the bluetooth module work?
Can it be controlled only by phone, or is it completely unusable?
Thanks.

What do you mean? what is the phone supposed to have, besides bluetooth?
I was reffering to making and receiving calls just using the phone, and then talking through the car kit. Any phone can make and receive calls..please be more specific.
Thanks..

Well on some phones when a Bluetooth connection is established the phone locks out certain functions.

I asked because on an iPhone the software still allows you to dial from the phone but still keep the Bluetooth connection enabled.

Ok, i get it now. I was going to use an iphone, so i think it's ok.

I remember i connected a lot of BT accesories, like BT receiver, BT ear piece, on a couple of phones and they all worked just like they usually do, that's why it sounded weird to me. :)

I have a '04 A3 and a three spoke steering wheel, so no MFSW is available, there is only a 4-spoke ugly MFSW which i'm not going to use. RNS-E remains the only option to control the BT module, but that RNS-E is too expensive for me, so for a while i'll stick to controlling it though the phone.

No problem - my post was rushed but glas you understood it.

My work phone a Samsung something or other locks out the phone when connected to the car so thats why I was wondering which phone you had but the iPhone works as normal when connected so you should be fine.

You will need to answer the phone from the handset though but it should divert the audio to the bluetooth automatically.

As above, I currently have the Concert II stereo in my A3. It also has factory fitted bluetooth installed, which has been working fine in terms of reiceving calls etc. Although I don't have the ability to look up contacts, which i'm sure if my headunit is supposed or not may be the case to do?

My question is if I upgrade to the RNS-E, will the factory fitted bluetooth continue to work seamlessly or is my current bluetooth set-up only functional with my Concert II headunit?

Many thanks in advance for the help. :)

Not sure if you got round to this but, I have just done this same upgrade and all works very well. The concert does not display phone contact info but it should be visible on the DIS in the instrument cluster.

I agree the phone works fantastically through the RNS-E, you can access all your dialled/missed/received call lists as well as the phone book.

You need VCDS to recode the phone module and RNS-E when installing to ensure all functionality works.