Audi-Concert Fault

A3-ALF

Reaction score
Hi my Audi Concert cd player started acting up yesterday, was playing away fine for about 15 mins then noticed it skip a little then froze at the start of the next track and cd wouldn't eject. Switched off and back on and ejected the cd. Tried a different cd and got half way through the first track and same again, this time it displayed CD ERROR on the display and SERVICE. Any advice on what to do? I have a warranty which would probably cover costs of repair or replacement but I'm thinking how could I swing an upgrade with part of the costs covered by the warranty repair?

Alan

I had the same thing happen, still haven't fixed it, just been using iPod since but I'd love to know how ot sort it, hopefully someone will reveal the answer

I had the exact same problem and fingers crossed I managed to sort it. I bought one of those lens cleaning CD's and played it through the steps as many times as I could be bothered to - approx 10 -20 times.

I could see the microfibres had been blackened by the dirt off the lens. It has worked fine since so well worth a try.

Best of luck - oh and thanks to warren cox for the heads up.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/car-entertainment/128124-concert-cd-error-2007-s3.html

Be interested to know if this fix works for you guys too?

i had this problem found it to be my coffee in the morning was spilling in the cup holder and it used to get into the unit i bought a better cup that didnt spill thats what worked for me !

Damn - I am feeling hard done by now as I didnt spill a cup of coffee in mine!!