Audi Complete Service, Maintenance & Tyres

Thanks for spotting this, its probable saving me quite a few £££s.:detective2::detective2::detective2::detective2::detective2:

Probably 4+ years, the mrs did drop hints that she'd like it after I've finished with it.:eek::eek: Unless of course they launch an RS3 Saloon then it might go sooner.

Thanks for spotting this, its probable saving me quite a few £££s.:detective2::detective2::detective2::detective2::detective2:

Probably 4+ years, the mrs did drop hints that she'd like it after I've finished with it.:eek::eek: Unless of course they launch an RS3 Saloon then it might go sooner.

No problem ......but ...if your keeping the car for longer then remember to think about the costs coming after that? Which would be something like:

Year 3 service = £159
Year 4 service = £309
Year 4 Cambelt? = God knows ..£600?
Year 4 Brakes = God knows ....£400?
More tyres = £664

Total: £2132

Plus your year 1 + 2 stuff....

Year 1 service = £159
Year 2 service = £309
Tyres = £664

Total: £1132

Grand Total = £3264

What was your original quote over 4 years? lol

Obviously this all relies on needing to change brakes ...cambelt...tyres as much as I have listed above ....

First two years would be cover by the SMT plan so: £648
3rd year service £159
4th year service £309
extra set of tyres £664
Business manager seem to think brakes where 300-400 for front, call it £500 just to be safe
Cambelt - had thought about that, can't see that would need changing with 4 years/40k miles plan anyway.

So total outlay: £2280

4 year service plan was £2976

Basically quoted:

2 years: £27 per month
3 years: £40 per month
4 years: £62 per month

Still got about 700 in my bank to cover another set of tyres if needed,

Have also extended warranty on car so if anything breaks, that should be covered.

Reactions: David83S3
3rd year service £159
4th year service £309
extra set of tyres £664
Business manager seem to think brakes where 300-400 for front, call it £500 just to be safe
Cambelt - had thought about that, can't see that would need changing with 4 years/40k miles plan anyway.

Basically quoted:

Have also extended warranty on car so if anything breaks, that should be covered.

SORTED!!! Just wanted to make sure I hadn't given you wrong advice :thumbs up:

3rd year service £159
4th year service £309
extra set of tyres £664

Basically quoted:

I've just been into my dealership to sign the finance documents and they had a quote ready for me for the SMT, for 3 years, 10000 a year £23.30.

Having had a look at what that covers, you also get roadside assistance for the entirety of the contract. I've questioned who's providing that roadside assitance and to what level, what fair wear and tear is on the tyres and if evil unrepairable punctures are covered.
I don't think its a bad deal seeing as road side assistance is included, though I could be wrong, depends what my dealer comes back with.

I've just been into my dealership to sign the finance documents and they had a quote ready for me for the SMT, for 3 years, 10000 a year £23.30.

Having had a look at what that covers, you also get roadside assistance for the entirety of the contract. I've questioned who's providing that roadside assitance and to what level, what fair wear and tear is on the tyres and if evil unrepairable punctures are covered.
I don't think its a bad deal seeing as road side assistance is included, though I could be wrong, depends what my dealer comes back with.

I think that 3 years roadside assistance comes free, it did with mine and that was a broker deal, so you don't get any freebies that aren't standard.

Anyone else have a view on this?

I think that 3 years roadside assistance comes free, it did with mine and that was a broker deal, so you don't get any freebies that aren't standard.

Anyone else have a view on this?

To be honest I do recall reading somewhere on this forum that it came as a part of the PCP deal. But comment above was based on the Audi Complete page which states that its apart of the complete package, 6th item from the bottom.

It doesn't cover unrepairable punctures.

Fair wear and tear was explained to me as a set of tyres roughly every 10K miles considering its an S3....still wouldn't hold my breath on that tho

If your giving the car back in year 3 then no point paying for the last service

As explained above you should expect to get the following from the package:

1 x interim service year 1 = £159
1 x Major service year 2 = £309
1 x set of new tyres year 2 = £420

Total = £888

Your quote = £838

I think you have yourself a good deal there!!! I was quoted £29.91 for SMT over 3yrs @ 10000 miles ....!?!!?!?!?!? So much for fixed pricing on the service packages.

Which dealer Turtle?

The wife went to our dealer today to sign the papers for our A3 S line and the quoted her for 10,000 miles per annum over 3 years £21 for the service and maintenance pack or £31 for the service, maintenance and tyre pack.

£10 a month extra over 36 months for replacement tyres.... I think I'm gonna go for the £21 package and stick a tenner a month away in a savings account and then if / when I need a set of tyres I'll buy them out of that. I've only ever needed 1 set of front tyres on my Civic that's done 47,000 miles and I've had that for three years.

On a downer I'm not gonna be able to drive it for over a month as I've just been told on the 13th March I need an Arthroscopy operation and won't be able to drive for three weeks!!!

My local audi dealer is seriously expensive, Blackburn is only 45 miles away and are always around 20% cheaper in cost. audi have a fixed price service for 2.0 engines and below at something like £159 for interim, I phoned and haggled for my V6 TT as it had only covered 1500 miles since the last service, and agreed the fixed price. I'd then use that price to negotiate at my local dealer. Works every time, even did it for my dads Q7 and saved around £150. I would be inclined to not take any package and just haggle when it comes to service.

The wife went to our dealer today to sign the papers for our A3 S line and the quoted her for 10,000 miles per annum over 3 years £21 for the service and maintenance pack or £31 for the service, maintenance and tyre pack.

£10 a month extra over 36 months for replacement tyres.... I think I'm gonna go for the £21 package and stick a tenner a month away in a savings account and then if / when I need a set of tyres I'll buy them out of that. I've only ever needed 1 set of front tyres on my Civic that's done 47,000 miles and I've had that for three years.

On a downer I'm not gonna be able to drive it for over a month as I've just been told on the 13th March I need an Arthroscopy operation and won't be able to drive for three weeks!!!
Sorry to hear about your OP amd hope you are on the mend soon so you can get out in the car!!!!! Good decision on the service pack

Bristol dealership David83S3.

Sorry to hear about the Op! hope you mend up quickly, though your idea is a brilliant one!

So after digging deeper with my dealer the £23.30 was for Service and Maintenance only.
Service, Maintenance & Tyres is £34.43.
for 10k a year over 3 years

Interim Service Price: £250*
Major Service Price: £350*
*Prices depend on what the car needs exactly

Tyres would be changed when necessary, though he suspected every 12 months.

If those prices are correct, then a 2xInterim service, 1xMajor service and a single set of tyres over the 3 years (£400?) then you are paying ever so slightly less under the Audi Complete, than if you did it independantly.

I also enquired about the price of an Oil only service.... £220 I may have followed that up with something along the lines of, what is the oil made of, unicorns blood? Which apparently it is!

I've a week to decide whether I will be taking the package or not...

Last edited:
So after digging deeper with my dealer the £23.30 was for Service and Maintenance only.
Service, Maintenance & Tyres is £34.43.
for 10k a year over 3 years

Interim Service Price: £250*
Major Service Price: £350*
*Prices depend on what the car needs exactly

Tyres would be changed when necessary, though he suspected every 12 months.

If those prices are correct, then a 2xInterim service, 1xMajor service and a single set of tyres over the 3 years (£400?) then you are paying ever so slightly less under the Audi Complete, than if you did it independantly.

I also enquired about the price of an Oil only service.... £220 I may have followed that up with something along the lines of, what is the oil made of, unicorns blood? Which apparently it is!

I've a week to decide whether I will be taking the package or not...

Interim service = £159 @ all Audi Garages
Major service = £309 @ all Audi Garages

Upload 2015 2 19 11 39 31

4 x new Contisport 5 tyres fitted = £420 (Give or take)

Are you giving the car back in year 3?

That priceing is for Audi's over 3 years old if it was taken from this page unless I am reading that wrong?

Not sure if I am honest, the RS3 is tempting to look at in a few years. then there will also be a new RS4 at some point in the future with the new A4 on the way and well I may need a car with a larger boot if the girlfriend decides kids are a requirement.

That priceing is for Audi's over 3 years old if it was taken from this page unless I am reading that wrong?

Not sure if I am honest, the RS3 is tempting to look at in a few years. then there will also be a new RS4 at some point in the future with the new A4 on the way and well I may need a car with a larger boot if the girlfriend decides kids are a requirement.

Yes its from that page ...but I wouldn't be wanting to pay more for a service on a brand new car than a 3 year old car?!?!!?!! doesn't make sense and I would haggle the price down to that if I was to pay for these things separately.

At the end of the day it comes down to you and what is best ....

For me a 2 year plan covers everything I might need for the 3 year contract and worked out the cheapest. If you were keeping the car for longer than 3 years then maybe the 3 year plan would suite you better ...? Although ANDY above still worked it out to be cheaper doing a 2 year plan when he is keeping the car for longer than 3 years .......

Just crunch all the numbers before you sign and think what will you actually need in the time you own the car? Most stuff I feel you can gamble on and if required just buy it ......

Reactions: RedTurtle
Brilliant response!

Btw you mentioned that all Audi's come with 3 year's road side cover regardless of Audi Complete or not, I meant to say that is completely correct, I confirmed that with my dealer late last night.

Brilliant response!

Btw you mentioned that all Audi's come with 3 year's road side cover regardless of Audi Complete or not, I meant to say that is completely correct, I confirmed that with my dealer late last night.

Yes, with AA

Brilliant response!

That's good to know !! (Although it wasn't me that mentioned it) :tapedshut:

Yes its from that page ...but I wouldn't be wanting to pay more for a service on a brand new car than a 3 year old car?!?!!?!! doesn't make sense and I would haggle the price down to that if I was to pay for these things separately.

At the end of the day it comes down to you and what is best ....

For me a 2 year plan covers everything I might need for the 3 year contract and worked out the cheapest. If you were keeping the car for longer than 3 years then maybe the 3 year plan would suite you better ...? Although ANDY above still worked it out to be cheaper doing a 2 year plan when he is keeping the car for longer than 3 years .......

Just crunch all the numbers before you sign and think what will you actually need in the time you own the car? Most stuff I feel you can gamble on and if required just buy it ......

Definitely cheaper for me to have 2 years with service, maintenance and tyres and then pay as you go. Did ask business manager why it's so expensive for years 3 and 4 and he didn't know, he even enquired to Audi as he couldn't understand why it increased so much.

As David83S3 as pointed out in the third year you probably won't get another set of tyres - assuming you've had a set in the second year, so your only benefit will probably be one service, which for me added over £10 to the monthly cost - so £360 extra for 1 minor service.

Definitely cheaper for me to have 2 years with service, maintenance and tyres and then pay as you go. Did ask business manager why it's so expensive for years 3 and 4 and he didn't know, he even enquired to Audi as he couldn't understand why it increased so much.

As David83S3 as pointed out in the third year you probably won't get another set of tyres - assuming you've had a set in the second year, so your only benefit will probably be one service, which for me added over £10 to the monthly cost - so £360 extra for 1 minor service.

Apparently I can't do that as i'm taking the car for 3 years under PCP finance and the Audi Complete must run along side for the entirety of the PCP agreement if you agree to take Audi Complete that is.

Apparently I can't do that as i'm taking the car for 3 years under PCP finance and the Audi Complete must run along side for the entirety of the PCP agreement if you agree to take Audi Complete that is.

I am on a 3 year PCP finance agreement and I am doing a 2 year Audi Complete SMT package.

The Audi Complete is 100% separate to your finance deal on the car.

100% push it back and also make it clear you don't appreciate being taken for a mug !! Honestly these Car Salesman will try anything :sign unfair:

Reactions: RedTurtle
pushed back and oh they can do 24 months :keule:@ £22.36 a month

Question EVERYTHING!!!!!! ....ALWAYS!!!!! Haha ....Glad you got what you wanted ...well if that is what you wanted ...:thumbs up:

My dealer tried an "Unfair" attempt to squeeze additional money out of me with my Part Ex figures. ...... After we had resolved the issue and they backed off (Obviously)...I sent them an email explaining how disappointed I was that they would do this to a first time Audi buyer and that it had left a black mark against my experience of the Audi brand. I explained that hopefully my faith would be restored in the dealer (Northampton Audi) if the remainder of the buying experience was of a better standard ......The standard I would expect from a world leading Premium brand like Audi....(Haha)

I proper laid it on thick ...... :audibash: .....and got an apology when I went to sign my papers..... Gotta let them know your the customer :aggressive: