Audi cobra trak plus

Cobra Trak is an excellent system, I've used this on several vehicles. You can track your car moment by moment via the web and the system records every journey too. You can set up all sorts of alerts if there are times of day when the car isn't used of if the car exceeds certain parameters - useful if other people use the car or it's in for servicing.

I can't comment on the Audi part of the equation (probably adds a few ££ to the price!) but the Cobrra Trak system works well, way better than some other similar systems! I once found out a Trackstar system I had fitted to a car hadn't actually worked for the full 3 years - how do we know this? Because the engineer couldn't find the device on the car and that was because the battery pack was never fitted/wired up! With Cobra Trak you can check it's working via your phone or the web - peace of mind. (Oh and to be clear I'm just a customer I have no links with either company!)

Cobra Trak is an excellent system, I've used this on several vehicles. You can track your car moment by moment via the web and the system records every journey too. You can set up all sorts of alerts if there are times of day when the car isn't used of if the car exceeds certain parameters - useful if other people use the car or it's in for servicing.

I can't comment on the Audi part of the equation (probably adds a few ££ to the price!) but the Cobrra Trak system works well, way better than some other similar systems! I once found out a Trackstar system I had fitted to a car hadn't actually worked for the full 3 years - how do we know this? Because the engineer couldn't find the device on the car and that was because the battery pack was never fitted/wired up! With Cobra Trak you can check it's working via your phone or the web - peace of mind. (Oh and to be clear I'm just a customer I have no links with either company!)

Thanks. For that - very helpfull

Got Trackar in my existing car - you got me thinking now!

Funny you say that about tracker my dad had a 6 series which also had tracker that wasn't working

I can't comment specifically on the Audi Cobra system, however I looked at getting some kind of tracker for my car and eventually decided against it. The main reasons were:
1) Looking on the web most insurers seem to offer little or no discount for having one fitted (apart from Direct Line and associated companies as they now own Tracker). One or two people even reported their premiums going up after fitting one because the insurance company decided that meant the owner believed their car was more likely to be stolen!
2) Problems with flat batteries
3) If the car were stolen, ragged to hell, pursued by the Police and quite possibly crashed to a greater or lesser extent I'm not sure how much I'd want it back!

Scorpion Track is £299 fitted apparently and offers app based tracking.

We are considering them for the company fleet.

Hi guys,

I have had my Audi stolen couple of years back. I had tracking system fitted which costs £68 and I am tracking it completely free of charge.

There are no monthly payments and no subscription fees. It is pretty amazing.

Car actually calls me if someone touches it and I am able cut the power to the engine off sending single text message.

these systems are available via fleabay and they have a sim card fitted which of course you have to put money on so often.quite good but binned it in the end too much hassle to have to put money on the sim card.not keen on the engine cut out function as you could cause your pride and joy to be stuffed into a wall or even worse into another unsuspecting motorist.i.e engine cuts out steering goes stiff and brakes aren't as efficient

Last edited:
I think RewireSecurity may be trying to flog their own tracker system, and I doubt they are a forum sponsor. The post count of 1 is a bit of a give away.

I think RewireSecurity may be trying to flog their own tracker system, and I doubt they are a forum sponsor. The post count of 1 is a bit of a give away.

Think you're right.... there is a website under the same name selling car trackers in the UK.

these systems are available via fleabay and they have a sim card fitted which of course you have to put money on so often.quite good but binned it in the end too much hassle to have to put money on the sim card.not keen on the engine cut out function as you could cause your pride and joy to be stuffed into a wall or even worse into another unsuspecting moyorist.i.e engine cuts out steering goes stiff and brakes aren't as efficient

Some (most?) systems have engine cut off that operates the next time the car stops, so no danger of that.

Scorpion Track is £299 fitted apparently and offers app based tracking.

We are considering them for the company fleet.

Another vouch for ScorpionTrack. It's the only one we fit here at AICT. Very good and the fleet system is awesome!! Fitted loads :D

More info here chaps

Stolen Vehicle Tracking - ScorpionTrack Stolen Vehicle Tracker Tracking System | Advanced In Car Technologies
Fleet Management - ScorpionTrack Fleet Management | Advanced In Car Technologies

Any Qs just shout!

I went for the dealer fit Cobratrack supplied by Audi (it uses a genuine Audi part number) and have had no problems. Once its set up with Cobra it is a fit and forget - hopefully!! It was a condition of my insurance that the S3 has a tracker fitted.

Your text got chucked into my quote...

Most decent trackers and fleet systems can track in an underground car park as the signal can get out. A shipping container is a little bit different as it's usually pretty tightly sealed with metal all around with no way of any signal getting out. I think any main stream system will have issues.

Remember though, at the point a tracking system loses signal it will record it's last known position. IE - The entrance to an underground or where that shipping container is located. Most decent systems will create an alert with the call centre when it falls off the map though.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but literally got a leaflet through my door today from Audi about CobraTrak Plus which was the first time I'd ever heard of it! Supplied and fitted for £550 seems ok'ish.

Curious to know more about CobraTrak 5 which has remote lock and lets you track your car presumably via a phone app. Anyone have this and is it any good ? Any idea of the costs and is there any subscription charge ?

Cheers !!

I've got tracker locate on mine, seems to work well, and you can log into the website and check location / journeys

Reactions: Rob2k68
Just got home to the mailer and was about to post thread. Interesting

I had the top Cobra system on my Mitsubishi Evo - think it was CobraTrak, but they called it something else, very very good, only downside I had (at least on the version fitted to my Evo) was that you had to carry a small tag around with you, which had to be in the vicinity of the car if it was moved or started. I once pushed mine back a couple of feeet and the phone went immediately! Very impressive service. Security in respect of making sure YOU are the owner is good as well, if you ring up about anything
Downsides though are:
- carrying the tag around can be a nuisance (assuming a tag still comes with it), as you can't add it to your key ring
- support costs are quite high at £215 /year (and note that there is no transfer of remaining support if you sell the car, neither is it refundable (as I found out when I sold my Evo once month after renewing it).
- It has to run separately from the car alarm/immobiliser or at least it did on the Evo. When I activated my Evo alarm (unknowing that it would cause issues), then I had a number of false alarms. Maybe the Audi system works differently who knows.

Cheers for the detailed info (smiley can't do em on phone)

I'll ring tomorrow and ask about the tag. Yeah that sounds a bit steep was hoping for about £15/mth really so they'll really have to sell it to me.