Audi Build

NormantheDog

Reaction score
Does anyone have timescales for the different build sections or at least how long it takes from the panel shop to leaving the factory? Thanks

Well if anyone is interested for their future build and it hasn't been put down before I'll do it here. My car spent a day in the panel shop and has today gone to the paint shop.

Reactions: RYuill, Colin A and kayemill
My car has spent the day in the paint shop and at midnight tonight has changed to the assembly line. From what I have read they work a six day week so assume progress will continue tomorrow being Saturday.

9am this morning and it's complete and in quality control, WOW!

9:30am dealer has confirmed the car has left the factory and on its way to the port.

You're excited! Keep us updated :)

Reactions: NormantheDog
I am but not suppose to be collecting until September! If it's in the country by the beginning of August it's going to be tough to stay away. Fortunately I'm on holiday for two weeks in August but how am I going to relax...........

I know what you mean Norman, I get mine on Tuesday, have it for a week then go away and leave it for 2 weeks! I think they pulled out the stops to get it quick so they could get my money off me rather than wait until my return. It's going to ruin my holiday with me pining to get home all the time!

Reactions: RYuill and NormantheDog
My dealer tells me it is at the port but the tracker says it is still in Quality Control. Last week the tracker told me I was in the Paint Shop yet the dealer's system said it hadn't started to build. Accuracy doesn't seem to be their finest point somewhere............

Mine is also supposed to be in quality control so I guess who know where it is:dizzy:. Still I am sure it will turn up sometime:grinning::grinning:

Reactions: NormantheDog
Tracker now showing 'In Transit' as of 7:30am today. It's coming.......whose restless now!

Reactions: Ricky RS, Colin A, boozyjay and 2 others
It's funny as it seems to me my car could be here by the end of the month / beginning of next but my dealer isn't pushing me to take it. Can only assume this quarter is fine and my car will push up new September orders?

If your sales rep has made their target for July or August they might be happy to bank it against a later month?

This is what I thought. He confirmed yesterday it's just sat at the dock watching the ships coming in and going out and could take up to 5 weeks to get here.

As at 7:30am my car has arrived in the UK!

Reactions: boozyjay and Yorrick
Anyone know how long it takes to get to dealership etc from here, 3 weeks?

7:00 am today and it's on a transporter to my dealer.......

Reactions: josedebardi
Are you going to put your dog in it?

Reactions: Blackwhite and NormantheDog
I dont know what I'm more impressed about, the speed of the audi build or that a dog has ordered an RS3

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus, Blackwhite and NormantheDog
:friendly wink: Yeah there are quite a few of us but I'm the first to own an RS3 no cat is safe now!

How long does a transporter take? I thought 24 hours and the car would be at the dealers!

Two whole days now and still on a transporter surely that can't be right?

Apparently even though your car is loaded on to a transporter and says as much it doesn't necessarily mean it has a driver in the cab :shrug:

Dealer says it's in his yard, tracker says it's still on the transporter................

RS3 Front

Reactions: JohnStan725, DommyR, Foxtrot_Oscar and 6 others