Audi Build

NormantheDog

Does anyone have timescales for the different build sections or at least how long it takes from the panel shop to leaving the factory? Thanks

NormantheDog

My car has spent the day in the paint shop and at midnight tonight has changed to the assembly line. From what I have read they work a six day week so assume progress will continue tomorrow being Saturday.

NormantheDog

I am but not suppose to be collecting until September! If it's in the country by the beginning of August it's going to be tough to stay away. Fortunately I'm on holiday for two weeks in August but how am I going to relax...........

Yorrick

I know what you mean Norman, I get mine on Tuesday, have it for a week then go away and leave it for 2 weeks! I think they pulled out the stops to get it quick so they could get my money off me rather than wait until my return. It's going to ruin my holiday with me pining to get home all the time!

NormantheDog

My dealer tells me it is at the port but the tracker says it is still in Quality Control. Last week the tracker told me I was in the Paint Shop yet the dealer's system said it hadn't started to build. Accuracy doesn't seem to be their finest point somewhere............

NormantheDog

It's funny as it seems to me my car could be here by the end of the month / beginning of next but my dealer isn't pushing me to take it. Can only assume this quarter is fine and my car will push up new September orders?

dbm

If your sales rep has made their target for July or August they might be happy to bank it against a later month?

NormantheDog

This is what I thought. He confirmed yesterday it's just sat at the dock watching the ships coming in and going out and could take up to 5 weeks to get here.

josedebardi

VCDS Map User
Few days, not long

josedebardi

VCDS Map User

josedebardi

VCDS Map User
How long does a transporter take? I thought 24 hours and the car would be at the dealers!

If it was actually on the truck then yea, a day should do it.

NormantheDog

Apparently even though your car is loaded on to a transporter and says as much it doesn't necessarily mean it has a driver in the cab :shrug:

josedebardi

VCDS Map User
Dealer says it's in his yard, tracker says it's still on the transporter................

Maybe it's on the transporter in the dealers yard!?

NormantheDog

RS3 Front.jpeg