1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi bodge job....silicone ?

jetty Aug 23, 2018

1. jetty

jetty Active Member Team V6 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Black Edition quattro S-line owners group

My A6 has been a nightmare since day one. Long story short, car has been with Audi who have replaced door cards, seals etc on the drivers door amongst other things over the past 12 months (best part of £6k which excludes the £2k they have just spent!).
    So, driving back after the initial repair to the door and water is pouring in from behind the door card. They ordered in a door membrane, didn't work - so they replaced a door seal behind the bose speaker.
    Drove back on Monday and it seemed to have cured the leak.

Today, noticed the door card was loose again and a seal trapped underneath. Removed card and found they had sealed the leak with silicone, cross threaded screws and lost 3-4 screws so pinched them from other areas! They even got silicone on the speaker cone.

Would you say this is an acceptable repair, doubt it will last ? Photos attached.

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

IMG_4758.jpg

IMG_4756.jpg

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Active Member Team Daytona Audi RS5 Owners Group

Jesus...

4. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Well-Known Member

I would be wanting a new car if that were me. Bloody hell. Couldn't have cocked it up much more could they

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Shinsplintz 101

Shinsplintz 101 Member

No. That is not an acceptable repair. Not even by Arthur Daley standards.

I'd be escalating this to Audi UK, perhaps post a couple of those photos on their twitter feed. That should get some traction. Just make yourself a pain in the **** otherwise they will most likely fob you off. (Sad but true with modern big business)

If it's a new car & you've had nothing but twelve months of Aggro you're probably justified in asking for a replacement, however Audi will most likely still try to repair. Depends how hard you are willing to push or what you are willing to settle with. Either way, a ***** situation. Good luck. Hope you get it resolved.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  6. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

I wouldn't be happy at all with this so called repair, straight onto Audi UK and keep onto them until you get some satisfaction.

JG

Buxton2901 likes this.