Audi Bluetooth module retro fit

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of retro fitting a rnse with the Audi Bluetooth module to my 2001 s3 I've got the rnse( from an a4)up and running but cannot connect with Bluetooth to my phone does it require a ami unit as well was told it was just plug and play. Have changed the soft code aswell but don't work

IMG 1138

Any help appreciated vcds recognise's the Bluetooth module as part number comes up in module 77 (telephone) no fault codes and have coded it but still nothing

Attachments

• IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 316
Silly question but have you tried searching for the device from your phone with the ignition switched on?

Also please provide the coding for the headunit and bt controllers ??

Yeah phone just keeps searching head unit coding is 0519313 and have tried 0519713 for the rnse which is working fine just doesn't connect the phone Bluetooth code I've used was 0010322 and 0000322,0010722 0000722,
Rnse high eu (vcds title)
No mfsw

Model C phone module is very old, the very first that supported the RNS-E, it should work with most phones, but possibly not with the latest. Only guessing about that though based on older experience. It could also be faulty, there are many faulty BT modules around, they look OK but the bluetooth cannot be seen

You might want to also check the BT on adaptation setting with VCDS and make sure that is turned on.

You need the 7 in the RNS-E and reset it when you have coded it. If the BT unit is working then the message should change on the RNS-E from "Telephone Not Installed" to "Telephone not connected" or something similar.

The BT module 0010422 is the correct coding for your car

Good luck with it

I have scanned it for fault codes it doesn't bring any up. Yes have checked that it's on. Have tried codes 0519713 will try that Bluetooth code tomorrow. When 1st switched one it does say please wait as if it's searching or trying too.
Cheers for the help the guy who I got it of sells them on eBay and offers a fitting service he has been helpful but I might ask him if I can swap it for a different model

These Bluetooth module are interchangeable between models aren't they? There's no reason why it shouldn't work in an 8l?

Yeah that's what I've been trying I am starting to think it's rather a faulty unit or it just can't be used in the 8l but I don't see why it wouldn't

Well I spoke to they guy I got it off and explained that even with the right codes I got and he and @s8craig sent that it still didn't work and he's agreed to swap it for a different model module so fingers crossed

Ok after finding this guide online
http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/pdf/data/Manual_Bluetooth_Audi_RNS-E.pdf. It says I need a Kline feed going to head unit the quadlock harnes for the Bluetooth has this wire in the right pin at both ends but the after market adapter from the original connector from the original head unit to quadlock doesn't line up so the line stops

IMG 1288

As you can see the pins in the middle block there's only 2 on the red after market harness and 3 on the original and the two that are there don't even line up

If you have bought a wiring adaptor harness for the A3 8P then it doesn't have the K-line wire. The A3 8P uses can bus completely.

@s8craig would the harness have the k line wire in regardless if the car used it or not? As the wire already there at both ends ? I'm guessing the harness is the same for all models? And the a6<2004 used Kline

Hold up, I have just re-read this thread, why do you need a k-line if you can talk to the phone ECU and code it? It must either be communicating via can bus to your VCDS or already have a k-line connected.

K-line is only for diagnostics, it is not required to make the BT module work. only for coding on older cars.

Right ok glad I didn't cut any wires then. Got me stumped I wonder if I need to update the rnse firmware maybe that's why it won't pick up my iPhone 6 on Bluetooth

I have fitted Audi Bluetooth into several 8L's without issues
Hi buddy i have rnse in my s3 8l and just installed Bluetooth module 8P0 862 335 S i cant acces the controller keep gettin no resonse from controller ive read in a few places if coded for can it wont code on kline is this true,only asking ss uve said uve fitted a few of them everything is working and phone connects apart from contacts dont show up in rnse
I have fitted Audi Bluetooth into several 8L's without issues