Audi Black rings or not?

1oldaudi

Reaction score
What do people feel about the look of an Audi with the silver rings replaced with a gloss black set? With a BE on the way I fancy replacing the rings on the front grill . Tacky or not?

Tacky, but not as tacky as an A3 I saw yesterday that had illuminated front rings. At the end of the day it is up to you, however if you are asking the question you are not sure...

Reactions: france71 and Theonenonly
I’d go with that, I think when cars are too blacked out they start to look a bit rough..

Ha Mercedes have a genuine part for illuminated star on grille... what were they thinking...

Reactions: france71 and tickedon
What do people feel about the look of an Audi with the silver rings replaced with a gloss black set? With a BE on the way I fancy replacing the rings on the front grill . Tacky or not?
No brainer

Reactions: france71
I’m not a fan of the front ones blacked out.

Rear it depends on the colour of the car.

I blacked my rear rings, and it’s also debadged :racer:

Reactions: france71
I have the black edition, but prefer the rings chrome, looks good with the black trim

Bit to tacky for my liking...keep it classy with the chrome rings.

Reactions: tickedon and zcoreyy
I bought one on ebay....cheap enough. Ill hold it up with tape and see how I feel about it. But I agree, some of the cars Ive seen with it look rubbish but then its normally on 10 year old A3s with 20 inch wheels!!

I think with the ''black pack'' on the RS range it works, but on mine still have the chrome rings.

I think it works when you have other black colour accents to work from and match. This is S5Project Nardo's S5 and it's works on this for sure.

26335733_1560335307354729_6302294680683937792_n.jpg

Reactions: tickedon and france71
....and the colour of your Audi is ?????????
Extremely hard to honestly answer without the very basic info.
Lots of black rings on black grilles, OEM or RS style, in Oz. Matte or gloss, not impressed.
Rapt in ours though. Looks quite smooth on the wagon.
De-badge incl. rear rings.

Its Daytona Grey Avant with the Black Edition black parts........ so the grill will be a gloss black, as are the black rings I purchased. they look like they clip on and off so its an easy change if I dont like it

Nope!!! SWMBO definitely did not like that on ours. We did have a very lively discussion about red rings though. We have red 'quattro' on the lower lip of our grille. Wow!!! Does that stand out!!
Incidentally, great choice of colour, but g-o-o-d luck photographing it. Looked on ABT site under B9 S4, has to be photoshopped.

Yes, you can easily remove & refit the rings. Just be careful not to break any of the lugs, although they are pretty cheap to replace.

Last edited:
I think it works when you have other black colour accents to work from and match. This is S5Project Nardo's S5 and it's works on this for sure.

26335733_1560335307354729_6302294680683937792_n.jpg

That does look the part, but the black rings are in contrast to the paint.. on the grill it’ll be black on black on black... not my taste.

That does look the part, but the black rings are in contrast to the paint.. on the grill it’ll be black on black on black... not my taste.

Very true being a different matter on the front.

Tacky, but not as tacky as an A3 I saw yesterday that had illuminated front rings. At the end of the day it is up to you, however if you are asking the question you are not sure...

Haha see these up in the north east every day, very eye catching but massively tacky and pointless lol

Reactions: tickedon, france71 and cuke2u

Looks tacky on most colours.
If you’ve got a dark colour then chrome would go alot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zcoreyy