Facelift Audi beam

dunn1989

Reaction score
Collected my FL S3 monday, got it detailed yesterday so i didnt really look at it till today and ive noticed i havent got the audi beams under the doors. Anyone know if they are standard on the S3? Im sure they were!

Sounds like that feed is both positive and negative. Il take it back because the book that you can view off youraudi site states as a feature. Small thing but its def not on mine currently and there wasnt a config for it!

I noticed it is part of the Audi Accessories range. You can purchase on there if you look at the audi configurator.

Mine had them fitted today, under "misconfiguration".

Dealer confirmed that they should ALL have it (regardless of body shape), and that anyone who raises it WILL get them fitted.

They are on backorder though.

Reactions: RSS-S3, Rob2k68 and billy.rt
It's odd, because on the 'your audi' tracker, it states my sportback S3 has them. So, if i don't have them when i collect the car, the dealer shall be putting them in for free... I saw them, I wanted them and I will have them lol

I can't find where it says that on mine not that I'm too bothered about it really but it doesn't state it on mine

It says it on the brochure

Attachments

• IMG_0486.PNG
    IMG_0486.PNG
    87.1 KB · Views: 440
Or here. Mine a FL Sportback doesn't have although the PFL Sportback that was in the showroom when I ordered did. Note the piccy below mentions both 3 door and Sportback. Have sent to the dealer.

IMG 2172

Reactions: Mark_86 and deanshaw24
Ah right okay thats interesting I didn't even notice that... so if I did want it and when I took delivery of the car it's a matter of taking it to the dealership and having them fit the components?

Just replied to your PM bud before I saw this, I understand a bit better now that you have standard puddle lights and not the audi beams.

Bad news for all I'm afraid! I asked Cardiff Audi to price some more for the rear doors, I found out that you can no longer order them!! Only the very early cars had them fitted as they were recalled, the parts department should confirm this for all of you.

If this is still the case, then I'd be looking for some other compensation....

Hi. I collected my FL S3 last week and noticed that they were missing. I challenged the dealer as they are listed on the S3 page on the brochure and they agreed they were missing. Apparently of the 3 other FL S3's they have sold 2 have come out of the factory with them missing. It's an easy retrofit and as a goodwill gesture they have ordered for me 4 for both front & back doors.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi. I collected my FL S3 last week and noticed that they were missing. I challenged the dealer as they are listed on the S3 page on the brochure and they agreed they were missing. Apparently of the 3 other FL S3's they have sold 2 have come out of the factory with them missing. It's an easy retrofit and as a goodwill gesture they have ordered for me 4 for both front & back doors.

Hm I am interested to hear they have ordered them! Could you please get me a part number as I'd like some for the rear doors? Just strange how a month ago they told me they had been recalled.

Sure thing, let's see what they end up fitting or if they change thier message!

I noticed my 3 door didn't have them when i collected yesterday. Asked my sales guy, he went away to check and came back saying that they'd stopped fitting them due to a water ingress issue. He did say that if they fixed the issue he'd order me a set and get them fitted F.O.C :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
For those that have them missing it's probably easier and cheaper to order a set from aliexpress for about £6.50 and fit them yourself (takes 2-3 mins). Will most likely spend more on petrol going to and from the dealer for your FOC replacements

Reactions: Psyman79 and Mark_86
I picked mine up in October and they were missing. Long story short they are now fitted and should have been from factory but there has been some issue with them and can no longer be ordered.

For those that have them missing it's probably easier and cheaper to order a set from aliexpress for about £6.50 and fit them yourself (takes 2-3 mins). Will most likely spend more on petrol going to and from the dealer for your FOC replacements
Had a look at these on Amazon too but confusing info as to which models they're compatible with. Some say it's for A3 / S3 but the same ones from other suppliers say not.
Probably a silly question but I take it, for the 4 door models all 4 door lights are the same?

They are all the same size and fitment, yes. The 4-doors only came with beam in the front doors though (when they actually came with the car at all :p)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Daveotto
I have swapped front and back so can confirm all 4 doors are the same fitting

Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn and Mark_86
I've just emailed the dealership to ask about this. If it should've had them I want them fitted foc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've just emailed the dealership to ask about this. If it should've had them I want them fitted foc

Ask them to post them to save the inconvenience of going to the dealers and ask for a spare set to fit to the back doors as compensation for the error

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Good shout
They're only 25 mins away but the hassle of booking it in, leaving it and collecting sounds like too much bother. I'd rather fit them myself and if I get two free ones all the better

Ask them to post them to save the inconvenience of going to the dealers and ask for a spare set to fit to the back doors as compensation for the error

They won't do it, something about needing the originals to send back as part of the "wrong configuration" request. I argued this with the dealer for the best part of a week before settling on them paying for my fuel getting to/returning from the dealership.

There's no booking in required though, the request will be handled by parts not servicing, and the whole process took less time than it took me to drink my complimentary coffee.

Reactions: Daveotto and Audi Bairn
My S3 was delivered without them! As of this morning I've had them fitted, for free of course.

Apparently there has been an issue with them and they weren't able to order them. As of this week they are available again so possibly cars will start to have them at build again.

The dealer has been very helpful, it's not their fault really. They were going to swap them with one of the sales guys car.

Not sure on pre facelift. They are in the brochure for facelift model. S-Line up I think.

I've contacted the Sales guy at the dealership.
He's off to look into it for me and will report back.
Presumably if he calls Audi UK they'll confirm that they should be upgraded free.

Exactly, they'll check your build date, and when they find it fell inside of the window for missing out on "beam" due to the water-ingress problem, they'll approve the rectification.

Good news!
Audi dealership called.
That's the car booked in to get the Audi Beam installed free of charge per some of the other posts above.
Wouldn't post them out to me as "it's policy that goodwill work has to be installed in the workshop".
I'm ok with this, just happy to be getting them tbh.
:yahoo:

Reactions: AudiNutta, BarryG79, Gordo77 and 2 others
Good news!
Audi dealership called.
That's the car booked in to get the Audi Beam installed free of charge per some of the other posts above.
Wouldn't post them out to me as "it's policy that goodwill work has to be installed in the workshop".
I'm ok with this, just happy to be getting them tbh.
:yahoo:

Nice one! It's weird, but even after owning the car for 2 months, they still surprise me a bit when I open the door in the dark and see them!

Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn, glospete and 1 other person
Hm I am interested to hear they have ordered them! Could you please get me a part number as I'd like some for the rear doors? Just strange how a month ago they told me they had been recalled.
So I was in today for the the Audi Beam to get fitted. They managed to do the front doors but I have to go back for the rears as apparently the parts guy had ordered the wrong ones (I was in a rush so didn't think to ask if they are the same or different for my Sportback.)

Reactions: Mark_86
That's a load of bull, it's the same units front and back.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Daveotto and azibux1
So I was in today for the the Audi Beam to get fitted. They managed to do the front doors but I have to go back for the rears as apparently the parts guy had ordered the wrong ones (I was in a rush so didn't think to ask if they are the same or different for my Sportback.)

See post #21 fittings are identical, maybe they only had one set in stock

See post #21 fittings are identical, maybe they only had one set in stock
If that's the case then I'm concerned as they agreed to fit all 4 as a goodwill gesture and I've had to wait 2 weeks for them to come in as they were ordered in specially.

Reactions: azibux1 and Audi Bairn