Audi Beam - LED Door puddle lights RINGS come as standard ?

JamieT

Reaction score
Did the Audi Beam - LED Door puddle lights RINGS come as standard on any of the models ?

The FL S3 listed them in the original MY17 sales brochure but Audi then pulled it & fitted the standard LED version. Some S3 buyers noticed & got dealers to fit them but most didn't :(

Reactions: AlS3BE and JamieT
Thanks !

are they easy to install?

depends if you have puddle lights and what type of puddle lights, Led or halogen
If you already have led puddle lights it’s a straight swap. If you have halogen ones you need a converter cable/plugs.
if you have neither it’s door card off and some wiring and maybe coding.

Reactions: JamieT
I don't think I have any light underneatht he door just at the side of the door where the door latch is maybe i need new door cards to accomodate the puddle lights ?

I don't think I have any light underneatht he door just at the side of the door where the door latch is maybe i need new door cards to accomodate the puddle lights ?
Think you can cut the hole to fit them in your existing door cards

From my old PFL car

7f6ce6c5f91f7b7ccebb771df8190509.jpg

840aed10b58e138f20128e34cb3f3fc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JohnM100 and JamieT
as I don't have the light already would I need a control module aswell as the lights ?

some older models dont have the module on rear doors (only on fronts), I've seen some people tap into the door latch and window motor for power.

some older models dont have the module on rear doors (only on fronts), I've seen some people tap into the door latch and window motor for power.
While vehicles without rear modules exist, having seen a couple of examples on this forum, am yet to see one in real life.

All UK A3's have rear door modules.

I have only seen A3's without the rear doors modules outside of the UK.

The FL S3 listed them in the original MY17 sales brochure but Audi then pulled it & fitted the standard LED version. Some S3 buyers noticed & got dealers to fit them but most didn't :(

Yep, were standard when I ordered mine but, when it arrived, whilst they were fitted, the box for them was in the car containing the standard lights as the dealer had obviously had to fit them as the factory hadn't.

Chucked the old ones straight in the bin :)

I'm being told not standard on any version by Oxford audi, I questioned it with customer service and got mixed responses.....the S3 we just collected doesn't have them but I'm seeing if they will put them in based on general opinion on the forums and one csr who said yes on S3. Is fl basically 2017 - 19 cars? As this melting issue is interesting.....as is being in original sales literature

My March 2018 S3 has the door Audi beam rings - and they're included in the build code. As it happens, I don't really like them anyway!!

I'm a saddo and so I decoded all the codes listed on the car's build sheet - it was in the boot somewhere I think. It's "YMA" on my build code list: "Entry lights in front - Rings". That said, I can't remember which decoder I got that from now.

I'm a saddo and so I decoded all the codes listed on the car's build sheet - it was in the boot somewhere I think. It's "YMA" on my build code list: "Entry lights in front - Rings". That said, I can't remember which decoder I got that from now.
That's the thing, my Go to one igorweb not been updated in a while.. dig time lol