Audi badge on bonnet rather than grille. Thoughts?

E5 FUL

Reaction score
So I wanted to get an RS3 grille for my A3, went for the cheapest one I could find on eBay (mistake) and it's the one where the badge holder is like a solid block, and in my opinion it looks very cheap!! (see below)

Was thinking about removing the badge holder completely and then having gloss black rings on the front on the bonnet (car is silver).

I know the new TTs have the rings on the bonnet as do the R8s, just wondering how people think this would look? Or if anyone knows of anyone who's done it and has any pics?

Cheeeers

I don't think it will look great at all IMO but please prove me wrong! I have the same grill and hate the Audi holder, I will be looking at a way of removing the solid part behind the rings or just simply sticking the rings too the grill! I've also seen this done before, also the reg holder is sh1t mines held on by double sided tape and looks decent!

I don't think the rings on the bonnet will look good on the A3. The easiest way to sort your issue is to put the rings on the holder. Trace the inner portion of the rings then set at it with a dremel (or similar) to open those gaps out then smooth the cuts with a file and sand paper. Finish it off with a coat of satin black if necessary. That way you also get the consistent mesh size behind the rings unlike every other grill where it's a tighter mesh and as such should look nicer.

Reactions: Cambaines
e7fa0975570a584a3431018d96e7502f.jpg

Time consuming job but does look much bettter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: E5 FUL and Cambaines
2016 08 14 174801
2016 08 14 145714
This is my front end don't know if to put badge back on or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJ_26
The red one looks horrendous. Yellow one not much better (but better if I had to pick one). Cut your losses and do it again properly.

Just cut it out and take your time about it
IMG 20160911 195839

Reactions: raS3r, kash_v, DJ_26 and 1 other person
Cheers for the replies. Mine has exactly the same look as the red A3 and yeah I agree it looks quite cheap. Problem is I hit a lorry tyre a while back and the chrome rings came off so I've currently just got the solid ring holder on there by itself that looks even worse!
Going to buy another solid ring holder and then cut it out, think that's the best way to go. Then going for gloss black rings front and back. Anyone know the best/cheapest place to get replacement rings from? Seems to be a lot of cheap ones on eBay but after the mistake of getting the cheap grille want to make sure I get proper oem quality parts this time!

Here's my front end after cutting the cheap looking badge holder insides, pretty happy with the end result.
20160915 165558
(Figured i'd show mine aswell even though there are already similar pictures of it here)

Reactions: raS3r, E5 FUL and millsy4002