audi b9 2.0tdi reliability

tay125

Reaction score
Hello guys. Im new to this forum and wanted to ask how reliable is audi b9 especially the 2.0 tdi 150hp version. Im planning to buy one but it has 115 miles on it. Any advice or something i should look out for?
Thanks and soory for my english,im not from the UK.

They are pretty solid cars, with 115k I take it is 4 years old so I believe you will need to think about a cam belt change when it’s 5 years old or when it gets to 135k. Also I’ve heard there can be an issue with the adblue ecu or pump. There was also an issue with unusual tyre wear at the fronts. If you search the internet for these topics I’m sure you can look into it in more detail. Otherwise it’s a solid engine and car.

Hey, I'm also relatively new to the forum so take my opinion with a grain of salt!

However as I intend to keep my B9 for many years to come I've also researched this quite a lot but I will be more use in maintenance rather than reliability!

Regular maintenance wise I would imagine the Cambelt and Water pump will need changed if they have not done so already, however I would've expected it to be done because anyone leaving it on for 115k miles either couldn't care less or has some serious faith so I would definitely look into that.

I also am aware that the DPF system is supposed to be inspected at regular intervals around this point (115k miles) and further 20k intervals for inspection of function.

Reliability wise the 2.0tdi is supposed to be a pretty solid engine and depending on what type of oil changes it's been on, I would expect a bare minimum of 150k+ miles from this car without many problems.

Good luck, keep us updated!