Audi b7 RNS-E poor antenna radio signal

nikitaA4B7

Reaction score
Hi,

Since I bought car i have issue with bad radio reception on my RNS-E.
Local car guy, told me that I need to replace antenna amplifier (8E5 035 225 S). After replacement issue still remained. My neighbour has multimeter and we noticed next.

On all 3 connections on amplifier there is no electricity, and on back side of RNS-E on antenna connection one jack has electricity and the other one doesn't. After this we concluded that either some wire is bad and doesn't send electricity to amplifier or there is some module between RNS-E and amplifier that is gone bad?

Also, thing that is confusing me here is why are there 2 connections on the back of RNS-E and on amplifier there are 3 connections? Is it possible that there is some additional module between RNS-E and amplifier that inputs 2 wires from RNS-E and outputs 3 wires to amplifier?

Does anyone know wiring route for this car model?

Tnx in advance, and sorry for long post! :)
Cheers!

Is this a factory fitted or retrofit rns?

Continuity test the wire points 1st to make sure no breaks, work through all connected wires, if ok then look at antenna amps.

Saloon or Avant?

As it uses multiple antennas, without checking, I'd say the 3rd is just from alternative antenna as it uses diversity which is multiple in the rear windows.

Continuity test the wire points 1st to make sure no breaks, work through all connected wires, if ok then look at antenna amps.
All 3 cables that are plugged gave nothing when we tested them with multimeter.

Ive always had the same issue after retrofitting my rnse. Mine picks up Radio 1 and 2 pretty much all the time, but struggles with the local stations despite being well within signal range.