AUDI B7 DASH CUPHOLDER REMOVAL

chris fry

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how to take out the cupholder tray, i have read other posts that talk about taking the trim off above the cupholder but i have another compartment without any obvious way of removing it. i only want to take it off to clean it thoroughly its got 8 years of coffee embedded in it.
20160411 171750
20160411 171758

Reactions: LawrenceH
if anyone is interested i have worked it out,
first you have to remove the compartment above the cupholder, to do this there are two plastic tabs that stick upwards from the plastic compartment into its subframe, these need to be pushed down to remove the compartment, to do this insert two credit cards into the top edges between the compatment and its frame (with the compartment hatch down), this pushes the tabs down, with a bit of persuasion you should be able to pull this compartment out. The slot this leaves reveals the tabs on the top of the cup holder, these can be pushed down with a screwdriver while the cupholder is pulled out, easy when you know how!
Audi A4 B7 Cabriolet Dashboard

Audi A4 B7 Cabriolet Dashboard 2

Audi A4 B7 Cabriolet Dashboard 3

Last edited:
Reactions: LawrenceH and carlcall
good question, its too shallow for sunglasses and not much else fits other than ipod or change. i noticed from researching my issue that a lot of others a4's didnt have them, im not sure if its an age thing, cabrio thin or an s-line thing.
if you don't have the compartment its easier, you will have a trim above the cup holder. the trim above the cupholder is push fit with clips, prise this off (starting from the glovebox end with the glovebox open), once off you should get access to the same tabs on the top of the cup holder.

Good Post Chris and thanks for the Info.

This is certainly a cab only thing.

I managed to clean mine with a slim nozzle on a hoover, then wet wiped the sh*t out of it haha

Thanks for the info, need to do the same as mine is also full of coffee!

-Update-

Just done it and found it much easier to use a screwdriver to unclip the cubby hole, you can get to the clips from inside.

1cfe25f1120d662673563471a36cfabd.jpg

Last edited: