1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi B6 key fob malfunction

AudiWelt Dec 16, 2017

1. AudiWelt

AudiWelt New Member

Audi B6 key fob remote sometimes locks the car sometimes it doesnt. But most of the time I have to lock it inserting the key in the door manually.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. germanwhip81

germanwhip81 New Member

I had a the same problem for a while, could be that the fob battery is on its way out, could also be the battery connection prongs need bending out to make better contact.. this was the case for me, bent the prongs out a little and no more problems :)

Roland Wong likes this.
  4. AudiWelt

AudiWelt New Member

I changed the battery and bent the prongs. Still the same, sometimes works and most of the time it doesnt. Im really confused

5. Ray Farmer

Ray Farmer New Member

try taking it apart - then find one of those pensils that have a rubber on the end ......... use that rubber to clean the contacts on both sides of the key-case ...... i find it often works to get a remote working again (no idea why any other rubber doesnt seem to work, but the one on the pensil can be spun around quickly between your fingers and may actually clean much deeper than other methods) ..... & yes i agree - sounds daft, but it actually works !

DrStrange likes this.
  6. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

It was the battery in my case.

Failing that, Its the internals of the key fob board being clogged with dirt or some form of malfunction.

Tags: