Sportback Audi Assist Renewal - Transferable

Jimmgc51

Reaction score
Looking to renew my roadside assist for a further year or two but unsure if this is transferable if I decided to sell next year.

It's £145 for 2 years or £90 for 1 so makes sense to pay for 2 then if I sell it goes to new owner, just nothing in the T&C's states if it's transferable.

I know the original 3 years is transferable but doesn't clearly state if this includes renewals. Every time I try to call them to ask I'm on hold forever or they are closed so hoped someone may know on here and I can just buy online

Thanks

Looking to renew my roadside assist for a further year or two but unsure if this is transferable if I decided to sell next year.

It's £145 for 2 years or £90 for 1 so makes sense to pay for 2 then if I sell it goes to new owner, just nothing in the T&C's states if it's transferable.

I know the original 3 years is transferable but doesn't clearly state if this includes renewals. Every time I try to call them to ask I'm on hold forever or they are closed so hoped someone may know on here and I can just buy online

Thanks

We’ve taken out two lots of this recently and from our understanding, you can either get a refund subject to an admin fee of around £20... or the breakdown cover stays with the car.

I thought you can only cancel within a 14 day cooling off and it states you get refund minus admin charge.

There’s no mention of what happens after 14days. So my assumption was you can’t cancel and thus lose your money or it transfers.

The T&C’s are crap really.

Think I may just have to set a reminder for Monday and sit on hold.

I thought you can only cancel within a 14 day cooling off and it states you get refund minus admin charge.

There’s no mention of what happens after 14days. So my assumption was you can’t cancel and thus lose your money or it transfers.

The T&C’s are **** really.

Think I may just have to set a reminder for Monday and sit on hold.

Hm I’m not sure, isn’t it law that you can cancel within 14 days without fee?

I may of misunderstood, but it definitely stays with the car.

It’s a good deal, even with a members discount Dad’s 2003 A6 Allroad came under the same price.. independent breakdown agents are more expensive and you don’t get the free hire car with them.

I took out the 2 years Audi Assist on my S3 before I sold it.
I was told that its non refundable after the 14 days and does indeed stay with the car for the duration of the policy.
The one thing I'm not certain on is, my car had a personalised registration that is now transferred to my new car, how that would work for the new owner I'm not sure?

If it’s transferable don’t mind paying then least new owner gets some benefit if I sell early.

I’d be annoyed if I lost the money. Doubt that would be the case though but should be visible somewhere on the website or FAQ.

As said I’ll call Monday and update thread for future searches so there’s some clarity

Reactions: AudiNutta
So chatted with them today and the following has been confirmed:

You can only cancel within the first 14 days - £20 Admin fee as detailed in T&C's
Once vehicle is covered then this is transferable to a new owner, as suspected so no issues with taking 2 years like I have and then selling early and so is a small perk to a new owner.
You also have the option of applying any un-used cover onto another vehicle within the VAG group, for a small fee if you sell early. Not sure how beneficial this would be for some especially if the new car comes with cover but is an option available.

He also back dated my cover to start when it ran out last week which I wasn't bothered about but likely due to this renewing at the discounted price.

Anyway - £145 for 2 years rolling which I think is a pretty good price.

Reactions: AudiNutta
So chatted with them today and the following has been confirmed:

You can only cancel within the first 14 days - £20 Admin fee as detailed in T&C's
Once vehicle is covered then this is transferable to a new owner, as suspected so no issues with taking 2 years like I have and then selling early and so is a small perk to a new owner.
You also have the option of applying any un-used cover onto another vehicle within the VAG group, for a small fee if you sell early. Not sure how beneficial this would be for some especially if the new car comes with cover but is an option available.

He also back dated my cover to start when it ran out last week which I wasn't bothered about but likely due to this renewing at the discounted price.

Anyway - £145 for 2 years rolling which I think is a pretty good price.

Good to have the information confirmed, answered the questions for us all now :)

Not quite sure why it was backdated, we paid £145 for 2 years on a 15 year old car?