Facelift Audi Apple Carplay WIFI Internet Connection

S3Gus

S3 TFSI Quattro Black Edition 3dr S Tronic
Reaction score
Really looking for some assistance with the Audi Apple Carplay, firstly I normally connect my Iphone 7 to the car through the apple cable, if i leave my WIFI on my phone on connected to the car hotspot APP also open it won't stream podcasts or music thats not downloaded on my phone. My Audi connect is active. If i switch off the WIFI on my phone it works sometimes I always have a 4G connection & sometimes the maps take ages to load, is the system bugged or am i just not operating it properly?

Cheers Gus

I don't have Audi connect myself but from reading this forum for 3 years I think you can only get normal Internet connection if you install your own SIM card. The pre-installed one will only cover the Audi functions, unless you pay for extra. But that is much more expensive than just buying your own payg sim.

I don't have Audi connect myself but from reading this forum for 3 years I think you can only get normal Internet connection if you install your own SIM card. The pre-installed one will only cover the Audi functions, unless you pay for extra. But that is much more expensive than just buying your own payg sim.
Thanks, so if i got a SIM DATA only the subscription to Audi Connect would still remain the same?

Really looking for some assistance with the Audi Apple Carplay, firstly I normally connect my Iphone 7 to the car through the apple cable, if i leave my WIFI on my phone on connected to the car hotspot APP also open it won't stream podcasts or music thats not downloaded on my phone. My Audi connect is active. If i switch off the WIFI on my phone it works sometimes I always have a 4G connection & sometimes the maps take ages to load, is the system bugged or am i just not operating it properly?

Cheers Gus
I think you can switch off the car signal in connection centre then drive it all from the phone signal. Or as above insert a data only sim.

I’m not really having any drop out issues with mine.

Thanks, so if i got a SIM DATA only the subscription to Audi Connect would still remain the same?

Yes. I bought a Three pre loaded 12GB data sim only and it works with Audi Connect fine. Pop it in and your good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I bought a Three pre loaded 12GB data sim only and it works with Audi Connect fine. Pop it in and your good to go.

How much data do you use in a month? What provider did you use for the Sim?

Thanks for the info mate, I have done the same as you bought a 12GB Three Data Sim card got it in Argos, plugged it in worked straight away. struggled a bit creating a 3 account but got there in the end with the online chat help.

Cheers Again

Reactions: Reggieboy71
Note when using your own SIM that the internal car SIM is not used at all so even the Audi Connect services will come off your own SIMs data plan allowance. Not ideal...

Thanks for the info mate, I have done the same as you bought a 12GB Three Data Sim card got it in Argos, plugged it in worked straight away. struggled a bit creating a 3 account but got there in the end with the online chat help.

Cheers Again

No worries mate. Glad your sorted! My last sim lasted about 10 months and that was with 2 phones and 2 tablets for the kids hooked up to it! Pretty decent coverage from Three as well.