Audi alloy paint code

Han4mi

Reaction score
So I had to learn the hard way - coming from 16" wheels to 18" I was going to scratch them up sooner or later:

IMG 20181102 075642

I got some sandpaper and fixed it up, but now I'm left with a white surface, as the lacquer has been removed. I would appreciate if someone let me know what the color code for this alloy is (it's the velum design 18" wheel) or provided any insight on how I could get this information myself. Thanks!

Here's a better look at the wheel. it has a light grey finish:

IMG 20181110 WA0004

That’s looks diamond cut so it’s the colour of metal. If it’s diamond cut there’s only metal and clear lacquer.

It’s diamond cut. The sanding does half a job. You now need to polish the sanded area to bring back up to a shine and remove the “white marks”. Those are just scratches in the lacquer caused by sanding.

It’s diamond cut. The sanding does half a job. You now need to polish the sanded area to bring back up to a shine and remove the “white marks”. Those are just scratches in the lacquer caused by sanding.

I used the 2500 grit sandpaper with water and the white marks are still there, should I move up to a higher gradient?

waiting for these pics... I might have to do something similar...

Reactions: RGBARGEE
How do you polish? What tools/polish/etc do you use?
I bought a microfibre cloth and aluminium alloy polishing paste, will post the result when it arrives next week.

Reactions: RGBARGEE