Audi Advance Key & Phone Holder

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking through the manual this morning and it refers to a OEM key and phone holder that goes in the cup holder to hold your advance key and phone. Anyone got this? Part number?

Cheers

this is what you want :

photo1fl.jpg

portegsm.jpg

2013_05_14_22_00_18_SAM_0091.JPG

Reactions: Paullie and Silky-S3
Thanks. Do you have any pictures of it? Do you have it?

around 20£ I believe (I don't have one)

here a pic with an iphone 5 this is the largest you can put in
a galaxy S3 will not fit

2013_05_14_22_00_01_SAM_0088.JPG

Fantastic, thanks! Is the part number 8V0 863 617?

Bit pointless if it doesn't fit a modern phone into it... no chance with my Note 2 :p

So people buy the advanced key only to put it into a different hole that's on the drivers left rather than the drivers right? 😜

Reactions: Fragup and Acri16
haha, nice one.
personally, mine never goes out of my pocket, I guess thats the purpose of it

haha, nice one.

Same here always in my pocket, it's great! Just want the holder for my phone. Big lack of storage on the 8V!

Reactions: Johnnyb
Will work great with my iPhone 5S :)

Yeh, I said 'modern phone' :p iPhones are so far behind the curve (especially on size!) that I don't really consider them modern...

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
haha, nice one.

Yeah that's where I figured it would be useful but I hate having things in my pocket when I'm driving, always feel distracted.

I can only really see it being useful if you're a woman and have a handbag where you keep your keys. Most blokes keep their keys on then in a pocket, and it isn't too hard to press unlock. You can even keep it in your pocket when you do so.

That said, it is a cool gadget and I am a man who loves his gadgets so if my budget had been endless I'd have selected this!

Same here always in my pocket, it's great! Just want the holder for my phone. Big lack of storage on the 8V!

What about the armrest? My phone usually stays in my pocket, but if I have it out my pocket and on charge or something it'll go in the armrest happily. You have connect I see as well so you have the USB socket to charge easily from there.

What about the armrest? My phone usually stays in my pocket, but if I have it out my pocket and on charge or something it'll go in the armrest happily. You have connect I see as well so you have the USB socket to charge easily from there.

Yer using the armrest and USB to charge it but its a pain to get at. Easyer in the holder!

At least someone has found something useful for the iphone to do....:jester:

Reactions: cemerson
Bit pointless if it doesn't fit a modern phone into it... no chance with my Note 2 :p

i'd be surprised if you could even get that through the door never mind into the cup holder! :p

Reactions: Trickz, Acri16 and pat15312
Fits fine in my pocket... despite all the people who seem to think it wouldn't. They've seen me take it in and out my own pocket and still don't believe me!

Fits fine in my pocket... despite all the people who seem to think it wouldn't. They've seen me take it in and out my own pocket and still don't believe me!

I know, I know. A close friend has one and he loves it but the amount of grief he gets from folk when they see his choice of phone is just hilarious!

I've seen lots of people take the **** and then decide they want one... :p I would get a Note 3 but I'm half way through a contract at the moment so can't justify the cost, even with the discounts I get from working for a mobile retailer! Note 4 it is :)

yes my S3 is always in my jeans pocket as well, I wonder what the radiation is doing though :scared2:

if your nuts start looking like almonds, you should worry :doctor:

Reactions: paullowther
Yeh, I said 'modern phone' :p iPhones are so far behind the curve (especially on size!) that I don't really consider them modern...

So using your logic that the bigger the phone the more advanced it is, I'm guessing you'd prefer an iPhone if it were like this:
I am on the phone

Don't forget, a curved glass screen also immediately make a phone 1,000,000 times better too!

Reactions: Fragup and Silky-S3
Just another thing that the iPhone can do where the oversized, over hyped Android tat can't

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Personally in my a1 my phone goes in the cup holder and sits there just fine (plan to do the same in the s3) - oh and u still get the pleasure of the cup holder LED :) .... AND I can put other bits of crap in with it too!

Seems like a bit of a waste to me *shrug*

When you driving quick through it gets flung about in the cup holder.

When you driving quick through it gets flung about in the cup holder.

If I'm driving a little enthusiastically then yes it can fall over onto its side, but then doesn't really move too much - but then again it is only a 1.6 tdi. s3 might be a lil different I suppose :)

order mine from TPS yesterday and picked it up today. There were two in stock at audi yesterday. I now have one of them.

Going to mod mine and put a lightning adapter in the bottom (the top twists off to give access)

Just another thing that the iPhone can do where the oversized, over hyped Android tat can't

yeh iphones are so rubbish they put the cheapest nastiest antennae in it and they don't even use the latest wifi standard - I can get up to 1750mb/s in my home network using my Samsung s4 tat as you call it, so what will your iphone get <80mb/s on wireless n

where is the back button? so demented and unintuitive having one only button

what about connectivity? apple are appalling, you often have to buy a chargeable app or worse a piece of hardware to eg mirror you device on a tv - my wife tried to print a webpage from her ipad to a wifi enabled printer - after 30 mins trying several apps/methods, it printed. Meanwhile id done the same task on samsung note in 5 seconds.

I used to have an iphone

Last edited:
Reactions: cuke2u