Audi A7 Start/Stop system fault / Function unavailable

Gaby85

Reaction score
Hi, I have Audi A7
Today I drive the car around 30 miles I lefted in the garage…after 2/3 hours wen I wanted to go
And i got this message on my dashboard.
Start/Stop system fault / Function unavailable

What can be the problem?
Any help please, thank you

Attachments

• A42D4C1E-FF05-4AAF-B773-6CB004DF55BA.jpeg
    A42D4C1E-FF05-4AAF-B773-6CB004DF55BA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
How long has it been sat for?
Might be worth checking your battery and whether it is depleted/heading that way

Reactions: Gaby85
How long has it been sat for?
Might be worth checking your battery and whether it is depleted/heading that way
After 2/3 hours I wanted to use again
Obviously the car is starting without problems, just that the engine marker is on and the error start-stop system fault function unavailable

Thank you

Ideally you need to get the car scanned to see if there is more information logged.
Reason I mentioned battery is I had this issue with my A7 back in the day and it was indeed the battery

The Start/Stop function monitors various car parameters, before deciding if start/stop function is available.
this includes:
  • Battery cranking voltage
  • Engine temperature
  • Cooling fan operation
  • Battery load, including lights, aircon, MMI, heated seats etc.
  • Ambient air temperature
  • Alternator charging voltage
A failure in any one of these will prevent start/stop operation for safety reasons.

if start/stop in not available following a period of parking, then your battery voltage is too low. This is caused by an aged battery bit holding its charge, or the alternator is not delivering a full charge.

How old is your car, has the battery been replaced (and coded) in the last 3 years?

if car is over 5/6 years old, I’d start by either replacing the battery, or getting the car scanned for fault codes.

John :hi:

Stop Strain is ment to save you £ except it doesn't it costs money to get it to function properly and the earlier wearing of certain components , best not to have it working .