Audi A7 battery

Azad998

Reaction score
Hi

Just got my A7 and the battery needs replacing, abit of a newb question.
What spec battery should I get , any you recommend.

it’s a 2015 3.0tdi 272 A7.

ive found a exide batt that 95ah 850a and model ek950 not too sure if this will be fine.

thanks for any help

Any battery that meets or exceeds the spec of the one that’s in there. The current battery should have the battery size on the side of the case.

As above & may require coding.

There are a wide variety of models out there, try asking your dealer if you can. Or alternatively, try looking at an old battery, find out its specifications and buy a similar one.

Stupid bugs, accidentally posted twice. This can be deleted if necessary.

even with the discount codes applied ecp is around 280 car parts for less is around 185 and amazon is still a lot cheaper but looks a smaller battery in pic but maybey just a generic pic ( shows same dimensions as ecp battery so should be correct same battery)

exide are as decent as varta , yuasa etc as long as you get a few years warranty theres nothing to compare so go for the cheapest ,

try cross referring

google search " type 019 agm stop start battery " to see different manufacturers but go for a good brand.

The amazon one looks a good deal if its from a decent seller and not been sitting uncharged in stock for over 6 months plus.

Reactions: rjwojcik
Halfords 019AGM Start/Stop AGM 12V Car Battery 5 Year Guarantee | Halfords UK

just a quick search produces this,, a bit dearer
but 5 years guarantee that you can find their shops anywhere for a return or replacement may be an option/

dont know who make batteries for halfords to "brand name" but must be a decent manufacturer for halfords to accept and give big warranty , anyone care letting us know?

ecp have put me off recently some of thier pricing has gone sky high .

A quick search directed to piston heads has shown varta to be the manufacturer of halfords batteries to thier exact standards.
this may be" mate from the pub told me so is fact" , dunno?

even with the discount codes applied ecp is around 280 car parts for less is around 185 and amazon is still a lot cheaper but looks a smaller battery in pic but maybey just a generic pic ( shows same dimensions as ecp battery so should be correct same battery)

exide are as decent as varta , yuasa etc as long as you get a few years warranty theres nothing to compare so go for the cheapest ,

try cross referring

google search " type 019 agm stop start battery " to see different manufacturers but go for a good brand.

The amazon one looks a good deal if its from a decent seller and not been sitting uncharged in stock for over 6 months plus.

Amazon one looks like it's a garden centre, so will give that a miss

Reactions: +robster+a7+tdi
Last edited: