Audi A6 Final Edition navi plus not turning on.

Crazy_jim

Reaction score
I have the larger screen navi plus. RSN-E I think.
Was working fine and now it won't turn back on. I've checked fuses on the drivers side and they seem ok.
Trawling through the threads someone mentioned a fuse under the hood? Not sure what they mean as I can't see anything under the bonnet other than the chunky fuse that protects the ECU.
Am I missing something or has it given up the ghost?
Im waiting for some stereo keys to come through the post so I can check the connections on the back. I tried to check the wiring behind the unit by taking the glove box off but the climate control stuff is in the way.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. My wife's conversation is dog egg and the kids kick off if they can't listen to AC/DC.

might be worth trying to reset the unit. to do this hold down the power button for quite a while - prob about 20seconds.

Cheers for the tip but it didn't do anything.
I checked the fuse panel again and it's all good.
However when I turn the lights on the air con etc is backlit but not the nav buttons. I'm assuming that it's not getting any sort of power feed so will have to wait for my removal keys to arrive in the post after the weekend.

Have you pulled the unit out and checked the back to see if the unit itself is fused?

I can't remember if it is or not. If theres nothing on the screen at least if you pull the unit you can check the iso block for voltage with a multimeter.

Have you pulled the unit out and checked the back to see if the unit itself is fused?

I can't remember if it is or not. If theres nothing on the screen at least if you pull the unit you can check the iso block for voltage with a multimeter.

It is fused at the rear. 15amp mini fuse.
audi-a4-rns-e-dvd-8e0-035-192-tx-[2]-26-p.jpg

Hi, mate just a quck question , do you hear any sound at from the fan running in the background?? The reason I say that is because their is a ribbon that connects the unit to the screen, over time this has a habit of cutting out , and bse of this there will be no communication the uni, .i hope this helps

HI Crazy jim
did you manage to fix this issue as i have the same problem on a navigation RNE-S PLUS in a 2005 A6 FE Avant

i checked the fuses they are ok, (both in the fuse panel and the back of the head unit)
i pressed the power button for 30+ seconds - did nothing
i swapped out the amp with an identical one i know was working - no change
There are no lights on the head unit nor is the fan running.
no power seems to be getting to either the head unit or the amp. there must be another fuse somewhere that i cannot find.
any tips would be greatly appreciated