audi a6 central locking problems

tom a

Reaction score
hi guys
i have an audi a6 1999 went out this moring none of my central locking is working i can open the drivers door with the key but none of the other doors work even with the button on the inside. :sadlike:
anyone else had this problem
please help
cheers tom

Have you tried pressing the button on the front edge of the drivers side B pillar - it's something to do with bypassing theinteriror sensor for the alarm, but on mine it also cuts off the remote central locking

john B

You could also try unlocking with two quick part-turns of the key, rather than just one, if that makes sense.

My handbook describes an extra security mode which, when activated, will only open the driver's door with the first part-turn and requires the second one to take the deadlock off the remaining doors.

You could also try locking/unlocking from the tailgate, as I think that works slightly differently from the door locks in terms of how it interacts with the central locking.

Silly question too, but have you checked the fuses?

I have a similar problem matebut mine is now intimitant. Try the contol module under the carpet in the passenger footwell first, check for water, clean contacts etc
other culprits may be the central locking pump or the solenoids in the rear, that's where I'm at, I will update further when I learn more of check out my new thread and see if any of my symptoms are similar

post up what you learn and how you get on......