AUDI A6 C7 HEADLIGHT UPGRADE FROM HALOGEN TO BI XENON **HELP NEEDED**

A64GGuy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a Audi A6 2011 C7 model couple of months back, i then decided to upgrade to the S-Line Bi-Xenon headlights as mine is only an SE model with halogens. I also changed the front bumper with an S-Line one and a S6 grill. Now the problem i have is i ordered the kufatec adapters at the beginning of September and have still not received them, i keep being told they will be couple of days every time i email them but they are seriously taking ages. Since i have already put the lights in which do not switch on i cannot drive the car once it starts to get dark, this has been the case for almost 2 months now and is very frustrating. I have been reading on people making there own cables, is this a possibility? also could anyone make the adapters of course for a fee? or could any provide wiring diagrams so i could perhaps make my own adapters? i really really need to get this sorted any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Is it possible for you to return the car back to what it was originally? With the clock change this weekend this will restrict your afternoon / evening driving even further.
Waiting for the parts is a situation without a definite conclusion, it could be a long time before you get the adapters. At least if you returned the car to its original condition you will be able to use it.

No i havent got the old headlights anymore, sold them to a friend couple of weeks back and bought these. yeah i kno timing couldnt be worse now the days are getting so short. Av been reading up on other forums about the pins in the headlight connectors on the car on the A3 and A4 models when people have been wiring new led lights in, they have the same layout on the pins on both models. I also added a volt meter to my headlights and tried various pins to see what gets voltage at which point to try and trace where that leads then get an electrician to finalise the wiring and seal everything up properly, do you think av got a chance?

Thanks for the response.

Reactions: Marco Ribeiro
Also found this if anyone can work out some sort of pin layout of the headlight and what each pin is for. the first one is for the halogen headlights, and the second is for the xenon headlight

Halogen:
Halogen Wiring

Xenon:

Xenon wiring

Ask these guys if you can get them to source the parts instead: HazzyDayz

That's a very expensive retro-fit to do properly (legally) - surely you would have been better off just getting Audi to fit it with the car? HazzyDayz have offered to source parts for me in the past when I've been halfway through an upgrade and was struggling to get my local Audi garage at the time to order parts for me (they would only let you order parts in person and pay, then you had to come back several days later when the parts were ready).

If nothing else just make sure you get the sidelights running as you can drive in most built up areas just with sidelights and the A6 sidelight (newer LED tubes) are brighter than some Halogen headlights anyway :)

Last edited:
Yeah i asked them they said they cant source any cables. I dint buy the car brand new hence thats why didnt get it as an extra. I thought it would've been fairly straight up to swap the headlights. But Kufatec are just taking the mick now they should advertise on there website if there was no stock. Av got an electrician coming to have a look at it tomorrow and see what he can do so. But is there nowhere else i could source the adapters? or anyone who does this sort of wiring?

Thanks for your response pal

So av finally got my headlights working.. just few problems, i wired the pin 11 of headlight to the CECM and the hi beams dont work av done the coding also. the instructions also state to replace Plug E Pin 12 with Pin 8 and Plug F Pin 2 with Pin 8. but this causes the DRLS to stop working. Also keep getting dash errors on DRLs and Dipped beams when even though they are on. The Xenon seems to flicker/flash before switching on too. Any advice anyone?

You don't seem to be having many responses on this site. Try asking your questions on Audi A6 - C7 Forum - 2011-
There are numerous A6C7 buddies on that site who may be able to help. A6_Chris has done a lot of retrofits. Good luck with what you are trying to do.