Audi a6 c7 different clusters

vdk

Reaction score
Hello, as the name of the topic states, I've noticed that there are 2 different types of clusters, could someone explain the difference please, beside the extended top edges.

Attachments

• IMG-20200928-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200928-WA0005.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 110
  • 1fbcacc33034afd2d0abbcee5cb4bb8c.jpg
    1fbcacc33034afd2d0abbcee5cb4bb8c.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 80
Left is monochrome, right is full colour

There is also a 3rd, full colour with ACC

Reactions: vdk and NHN
So the functions in both are the same, only the view will be different?

So the functions in both are the same, obly the view will be different?

I think they both provide the same features but the colour is obviously more aesthetically pleasing.

Reactions: vdk
If you have a post facelift car and you have the 3G+ MMI system (hard disk based maps) then the colour DIS allows you to display the map between the cluster even if you are not actively using the navigation. The mono version will only display directions when actively using navigation.

Reactions: vdk
You can also use the adaptions to show boost and gear change shift points, Green/amber/red when using the lap timer on the full colour l. I believe you can retrofit the full colour but ‘protection’ needs to be disabled and the odometer adjusted to show true miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done this mod to my - now ex A6 C7. The part is interchangeable between an A6 and A7. There is a few things you need to remove and you will have to visit someone who can remove component protection. For me it just looked nice as I had an RMC nav in my old A6. You don't get maps visible but just a blue arrow telling you where to go. It was more visually pleasing but it also made the display look more expensive.

Has anyone the part number if you wish to upgrade from the old Monochrome to the coloured version - I seen two parts online with eh following part numbers:
4G8 920 981K or 4G8 920 981S - will either of these work on my A6 to upgrade the clusters? Although I would also need to find someone to remove the protection and update the mileage - I'm based in Northern Ireland and access to such people isn't as easy as en in England, I have VCDS Rosstech etc. but doubt that's what is is needed and wouldn't have the knowledge anyhow.

Has anyone the part number if you wish to upgrade from the old Monochrome to the coloured version - I seen two parts online with eh following part numbers:
4G8 920 981K or 4G8 920 981S - will either of these work on my A6 to upgrade the clusters? Although I would also need to find someone to remove the protection and update the mileage - I'm based in Northern Ireland and access to such people isn't as easy as en in England, I have VCDS Rosstech etc. but doubt that's what is is needed and wouldn't have the knowledge anyhow.

dubTECH Ballymoney, you’ll find them on Facebook.

Reactions: DJM911