Audi A6 C7 245hp S-tronic problem.

Audi Bremer

Audi A6 C7 4G 3.0 TDI CDUC 326hp 750 NM Stage 2
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a problem with my gearbox I think. Problem is when im driving and reach a redlight and the car are slowing down to stop, it feels like its still moving foward, like its not taking the clutch so it can stop fully without chopping foward. It doesnt do it always only sometimes but still enough to irritate me. Services on the gearbox have been made for every 60.000km and sometimes before the 60.000. Car has driven 220.000km and it has stage 2 on both engine and gearbox. It has been updated before the stage 2 but nothing changed.
The connection to the TECU have been checked, so my guess is that it can be the clutches or the mechatronic that is failing. It has no fault codes (readed with VCDS original cable) and we tried to adapt the gearbox but still no changes. It have been checked that it has the correct amount of oil and temp when changed.
Clutch 1 lower adaption point data: 2.896 bar
Clutch 1 upper adaption point data: 8.400 bar
Clutch 2 lower adaption point data: 2.689 bar
Clutch 2 upper adaption point data: 8.453 bar
Does someone know or have an idea what i can try to do - or just know that is the expensive way to new clutches and a flush of the gearbox and mechatronic?
Sorry for my english but i try my best :)

You get a similar issue with bmw and rangerover but thats to do with the 4wheel drive system the haldex unit

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Signs of mechatronic problems usually jerking when it changes gear, when going from forward to reverse or Vice versa it will jerk on take up and as it get worse it won’t select a gear so the car just revs and won’t move. Usually if it’s doing most of these it will throw a code and you get a warning on the bash. Also by then it a good chance the clutches will be burnt so will need replacing aswell A oil and both filters change might help but mechatronic failure is quite common unfortunately.

Signs of mechatronic problems usually jerking when it changes gear, when going from forward to reverse or Vice versa it will jerk on take up and as it get worse it won’t select a gear so the car just revs and won’t move. Usually if it’s doing most of these it will throw a code and you get a warning on the bash. Also by then it a good chance the clutches will be burnt so will need replacing aswell A oil and both filters change might help but mechatronic failure is quite common unfortunately.
well it chanes gear perfectly and fast. no codes have been thrown... I also have hear the mechatronic is a comon fault, maybe the clucthes is to be replaced is no bad idea aswell? :)

Do the 3.0 bi tdis have the stronic box, and on the C7 are these made of chocolate like the B8 S4’s? My clutches needed replacing after a mech unit change and despite Audi trying to charge me £11k for a whole new box. Don’t fancy going through that process again…does the SQ5 have the same box, or tip tronic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk