1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUDI A6 C6 Avant (4F) 2.8 FSI 210 HP Flex Pipe

C6 Avant 2.8FSI Jul 6, 2018

1. C6 Avant 2.8FSI

C6 Avant 2.8FSI New Member

Hi folks. Recently heard a small blow in the exhaust system, my local indy has confirmed it as the 'Flex pipe' section which I think contains a cat. Anyone found a non OEM replacement? As I've been advised these parts are hard to come by. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Supercharged Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

It's an Audi only part.
    If you know of a decent garage, they might be able to cut and weld a new stainless flexi in place. Failing that you can buy clamp in flexis. You cut your old one out and slide the new in. PITA job, but it's a lot cheaper fix.

4. C6 Avant 2.8FSI

C6 Avant 2.8FSI New Member

@Supercharged - Thanks for the reply... Reassuring as that is the exact response I got from my Indy guys when they notified me about the issue... I'd be interested in the Audi part price which the Indy will get a quote for as well as quoting for the cut & weld approach, i'll post up when I know as it might be useful for other owners if faced with this.

5. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Supercharged Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

The part quoted by Audi was around £1100.:scared2::scared2: