Audi a6 2005 2g basic MMI

Abdul tarofdar

Reaction score
Hello all,

There have been a few posts about this in the past but with no clear answers. I am having serious issues with the 2G basic MMI on my 2005 Audi c6. Honestly potentially the most useless MMI audi has ever built. But can i complain? as the names suggests it is "basic". But the basic i can deal with i just need a aux in solution or some way to listen to stuff without a FM transmitter which i have been using for a while now, very fiddly and annoying. Read a lot of things online about dension 500 kit which i don't really want to have installed, Then there is the AMI solution but not even compatible with my car! so what next? can i get aftermarket CD player and install it instead of the crappy single cd player in glovebox? has anyone ever tried this?

I don't think you can complain, it's for people that want a cheap A6 and don't want to pay the extra for the full mmi system.

As you say, you cannot fit AMI as it's not compatible with mmi basic, the crappy single CD player is the main MMI unit, if you remove that nothing will work. Only real option is the dension kit.