Audi a6 2.8 wont start-please help!

bluntgirli

Reaction score
i posted 3/4 weeks ago regarding an intermitent misfire, and that id changed the plugs, leads and coil unit.. i had a reply stating to check the MAF, i have now cleaned the MAF, but car wouldnt start thus meaning jump start!

After alot of trying the car eventually started, but wont rev above 1000 rpm.

when you turn the ignition on before the car starts, there is a noise coming from in between the manifold and bulk head, unsure whether this is normal or not??

the battery has discharged itself in a 24 hr period??

any suggestions?? although i may of confused the matter a little?? the car has been off the road for over a month now..

there is not 1 warning light of any description showing

not much help i know but i have some thing similar as a loss of power between 1k and 2.3k rpm however it feels like a misfire. i have checked /changed the maf and collant sensor which have made no difference. i am now looking toward the inlet manifold sensor and n156 valve. yours is essentially the same motor as mine. vag com is reporting nothing and there are no vacuum leeks anywhere. it feels like its on choke all the time.

M

that is exactly how mine started, but has progressively got worse!!! apart from taking it to the audi garage and costing a fortune, i have no other ideas?? very disheartening i must say..... must be the hampshire weather!

I put the old plugs back in mine and i also cleaned up the Airflow temp sensor and this seems to have got rid og the misfire and hesitation.

This is situated on the black plastic inlet plenum. its a t30 torx screw and remove i think its either grey or green connector.

May be worth a try it takes minutes.

Max

something that has come up on Elsawin for your car apparently the wiring harness to the fuel tank sender can become damaged on the reaer wheel arch inside the boot. this has a similar affect to what we have experienced and also causes the car not to start.

As i said this in from audi so may or may not help . worth a look thoughyou have to pull the side panel off in the boot to do it and the mat out.

M

something that has come up on Elsawin for your car apparently the wiring harness to the fuel tank sender can become damaged on the reaer wheel arch inside the boot. this has a similar affect to what we have experienced and also causes the car not to start.

As i said this in from audi so may or may not help . worth a look thoughyou have to pull the side panel off in the boot to do it and the mat out.

M

M

hey max, got any pictures or how to find this in elsawin please

Technical solution Transaction No.: 311101/3
Vehicle breaks down, engine misfires Release date: 06-Nov-2004

Problem description

Engine warning lamp / glow warning lamp comes sporadically on when driving. Fuel gauge doesn't work, fuse of fuel pump faulty. Fault entry VAS 5051: 01441, sender for lack of fuel.

Cause

Chafing of the cable harness to the tank sender (rear RH wheel arch area) because of missing corrugated pipe in the cable loom.

Production solution

Cable loom improved, corrugated pipe with wrapping.

Service solution

Repair the cable loom (VAS 1978). Protect the chafed area with a corrugated pipe - Part No. N 907 735.01.

Accounting instructions

Avant:

RO 70 03 19 06 remove and install side trim for boot 110 TU

RO 97 09 41 56 repair central wiring loom 70 TU

Saloon with rigid backrest:

RO 70 39 19 00 remove and install lock carrier cover 30 TU

RO 70 03 19 50 remove and install side trim for boot 20 TU

Saloon with folding backrest:

RO 72 47 19 02 remove and install backrest 70 TU

RO 70 39 19 00 remove and install lock carrier cover 30 TU

RO 70 03 19 53 remove and install side trim for boot 20 TU

Service number/damage code/manufacturer: 9725/025/...