Audi A6 2.5 TDI - Won't start after injection pump replacement

Pantheo91

Reaction score
Hello everyone ,

Recently my Audi A6 2.5 TDI diesel woudn't rev more than 3000 rpm and a weird noise comming out like hitting a piece of steel something , anyway i drove to my mechanic for diagnostics and he told me to change the injection pump so i did , he replaced it with a refurbished one from the same car and now a DTC appeared with code j399 and car won't start up . Does it need some kind of calibrating with the ecu of my car or it should work like that? Have you guys faced anything like that? I would appreciate your replies .

Thanks in advance

I see this is anolder thread. Did you get to the bottom of your problem?

Hello everyone ,

Recently my Audi A6 2.5 TDI diesel woudn't rev more than 3000 rpm and a weird noise comming out like hitting a piece of steel something , anyway i drove to my mechanic for diagnostics and he told me to change the injection pump so i did , he replaced it with a refurbished one from the same car and now a DTC appeared with code j399 and car won't start up . Does it need some kind of calibrating with the ecu of my car or it should work like that? Have you guys faced anything like that? I would appreciate your replies .

Thanks in advance
You need the skc from your car then login with vcds and pair the pump with the car

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk