Audi A6 2.0 tdi Le Mans vibration on idle

Ali2.0tfsi

Reaction score
Hi guys I recently bought the above car and I've noticed that when car is driven for 20-30min I get this annoying vibration on idel I can feel it in my seat and steering wheel. Vibration not always only sometimes but car drives fine

Checked for fault codes and nothing found.

Does the whole car shake? I've read quite a few posts around the web saying it's more than likely a DMF failure if your cars shaking on idle.

Google the issue if you haven't already

Thanks for the reply but my car is the multitronic

Ok but vibration is still there if I put the car in D,N,R or P could this still be the DMF?

Also vibration is sometimes not everytime

Noticed this evening the vibration is constant when reverse gear is selected in multitronic gearbox

Well car went back to garage I bought it from for vibration and got a call yesterday that they will be replacing the DMF and bolts.

Well just a update got car back driven around for 15-20miles and I have vi ration so looks like the flywheel has sorted my problem :)

Right guys vibration is back after about 10days of fitting a flywheel. Car has no stored fault code and only vibration is at idel. Anybody come across this?

Would I not hear a clunk or would it not be constant vibration if it was engine l/gearbox mount?

I've always found engines vibrate more at lower rev's, and the mounts may just be worn and not completely failed (so no clunk) It's just a guess, throwing some idea's out..

Only other thing I can think of would be bad injectors.

My local garage diagnosed the car and a fault code came up EGR bank 1 fail and body know what that fault code means? As I know of the EGR but bank 1 has confused me.

At a loss had the engine and gearbox mounts checked and they are all good. Car currently had no fault code. Had the flywheel replaced but vibration still comes randomly on idle. Also do while vibration happen I revved engine on idle and could feel the vibration in the rev range.

Anymore advice as this vibration is annoying me.