Audi A5 facelift 2012 information

Jakewedwards1

Reaction score
Hey guys First time poster to this part of Audi Sport!
I have been trying to look for some answers and I am having a hard time finding them and some trustworthy answers.
I am looking at getting a manual Audi A5 S-Line petrol. The V8’s are not really on my list as they would consume as much as my previous Car (Jaguar XF SV8) So I have fallen upon the 4 pot petrols in both 2.0 and 1.8 variant.
I have noticed that an s-line 1.8 with all the good specs is a lot cheaper than the 2.0, why is this?

Is there anything that I really need to look out for as a buyers guide appears to be hard to come by especially for the petrols.
Is the 1.8 bad? I feel like I have heard someone say something about a 1.8 before but I cannot be quite sure.

Thanks you for your time

Jake

Hey guys First time poster to this part of Audi Sport!
I have been trying to look for some answers and I am having a hard time finding them and some trustworthy answers.
I am looking at getting a manual Audi A5 S-Line petrol. The V8’s are not really on my list as they would consume as much as my previous Car (Jaguar XF SV8) So I have fallen upon the 4 pot petrols in both 2.0 and 1.8 variant.
I have noticed that an s-line 1.8 with all the good specs is a lot cheaper than the 2.0, why is this?

Is there anything that I really need to look out for as a buyers guide appears to be hard to come by especially for the petrols.
Is the 1.8 bad? I feel like I have heard someone say something about a 1.8 before but I cannot be quite sure.

Thanks you for your time

Jake
The earlier engines suffered with huge oil consumption so make sure to look out for that. If you search for a5 tfsi oil consumption it should bring it up. Regards

The earlier engines suffered with huge oil consumption so make sure to look out for that. If you search for a5 tfsi oil consumption it should bring it up. Regards
Thanks for your comment! Is there anything I Should worry about with the 1.8 TFSI like timing chain and such? I am just really on the fence about them both but the price difference between the two is a bit. Also I don’t think the 1.8 gets Quattro? Honestly anything to help with buying one will aid me well.

thank you!

Thanks for your comment! Is there anything I Should worry about with the 1.8 TFSI like timing chain and such? I am just really on the fence about them both but the price difference between the two is a bit. Also I don’t think the 1.8 gets Quattro? Honestly anything to help with buying one will aid me well.

thank you!
Not sure on your budget buddy but the FL ones are better on the 2.0 but the 1.8 are quite robust. Just hear any unusual tinny noise on start up then their is a possibility that the tensioners might be faulty. Get a AA or RAC check if your not sure buddy. Good luck