Audi A5 Convenience key defective ! Use ignition lock

Ormesher

Reaction score
Hello all

This is my first thread, I joined the site because you guys are awesome I have read many posts and the replies are always helpful

i have just bought an Audi A5 love the car drives like a dream however the only problem i have is the convenience key option does not work and neither does the start stop button to start the car (see pic) i also have to use the key to start the car, also the keyless entry does not work as i have to use the keyfob to open the door

I have changed the battery in the key fob as other posts have suggested but this didn't fix the issue.

I have been to a local garage who did a full diagnostics check on the car and the only fault that came back was the drivers door sensor was faulty, i understand this would stop the keyless entry so i would need to use the fob but my question is would this stop the start/stop button from working? i'm not to bothered about using my fob to open the car but i would really like the option to keep my keys in my pocket and use the start/stop button

Thanks in advance everyone

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,109