declanhulme1113

Reaction score
Hi all

First time Audi owner here, just a quick question really,

my car currently stands at;

147bhp and 270nm

ive got some figures of my local garage and there remap takes it to;

245bhp and 430nm

this seems a lot in one go, would the vehicle be able to take it as it is compleatly standard

thanks all in advance

Declan

Reactions: Angelina_Filipova113
The figures are just sales marketing unless proved by before and after on an accurate dyno .

But you will gain and is possible around these figures quoted because out of six 2.0 TFSI states of tune / outputs , yours is the lowest of the pack ( detuned ) but your engine will share most of the hardware of the higher outputs making possible such a gain through software development remapping .

If I was to do it, would it cause anything to break? I know it puts more strain on the car but what’s most likely to go?

It won't do anything unless the clutch plate is smaller than the higher output models .

As far as I’m aware, it’s the same! Ima book it in for Friday, can’t wait!

As far as I’m aware, it’s the same! Ima book it in for Friday, can’t wait!
Any update on this? I’ve got an A5 35 TFSI too that I’m considering tuning as there are some good gains being quoted. Have you managed to get yours tuned and what numbers are we looking at? Also any test with 0-60 times?

Any update on this? I’ve got an A5 35 TFSI too that I’m considering tuning as there are some good gains being quoted. Have you managed to get yours tuned and what numbers are we looking at? Also any test with 0-60 times?
I didn’t end up getting it done mate, the ecu needs benching to do it, so I’m looking for a good company near me atm

I didn’t end up getting it done mate, the ecu needs benching to do it, so I’m looking for a good company near me atm
Ah I see. I’ve heard that the ECUs are difficult (or even impossible?) to access for the remap so let us know if you have any success!

Just to clarify were you looking to tune up/remap an automatic or manual. I've recently bought 2022 reg A5 sportsback automatic. Also what sort of cost is estimated? Thanks

I finally manged to get mine booked in at DC Remapping in warrington! the guy doing it was amazing!

i ended up getting a custom tune and a gearbox remap(Automatic for £675, below is what i ended up getting,

ORIGNAL ---- 161HP AND 298NM TOURQE
REMAPPED --- 247HP AND 490NM OF TOURQE

the car feels amazing now and really responsive, ive also gair an extra 10/15MPG when driving really carefully

I finally manged to get mine booked in at DC Remapping in warrington! the guy doing it was amazing!

i ended up getting a custom tune and a gearbox remap(Automatic for £675, below is what i ended up getting,

ORIGNAL ---- 161HP AND 298NM TOURQE
REMAPPED --- 247HP AND 490NM OF TOURQE

the car feels amazing now and really responsive, ive also gair an extra 10/15MPG when driving really carefully
Wow that’s some great gains at a very reasonable price! Thanks for sharing and I’m glad you found a place that worked for you. Does the car feel very noticeably faster?

So looking at Audi’s official stats for the 40 TFSI with 204hp and 320Nm torque which does 0–60 in 7.2s, if the majority of the hardware between 35 and 40 TFSI is the same then surely your 35 TFSI with more power and torque should do 0–60 in the 6–7s range? If that’s the case then the car must feel so rapid in comparison to before lol. Any chance you’ve actually tested times to see?

I’ve got a 2022 35 TFSI so I hope my ECU is also compatible with a remap like this as I’m very keen.

Wow that’s some great gains at a very reasonable price! Thanks for sharing and I’m glad you found a place that worked for you. Does the car feel very noticeably faster?

So looking at Audi’s official stats for the 40 TFSI with 204hp and 320Nm torque which does 0–60 in 7.2s, if the majority of the hardware between 35 and 40 TFSI is the same then surely your 35 TFSI with more power and torque should do 0–60 in the 6–7s range? If that’s the case then the car must feel so rapid in comparison to before lol. Any chance you’ve actually tested times to see?

I’ve got a 2022 35 TFSI so I hope my ECU is also compatible with a remap like this as I’m very keen.
Its very noticeable, i know its not a lot of hp but that 100hp increase makes a massive difference, its 100% noticably faster!

as far as im aware the 35,40 and 45 are all the same hardware, bar the 45 having the quattro, all just been downtuned, tell me if im wrong though lol

ive not tested time yet, shame the car does not have a built in timer, because id test it that way1

have you got quotes for power increase on yours yet?

Its very noticeable, i know its not a lot of hp but that 100hp increase makes a massive difference, its 100% noticably faster!

as far as im aware the 35,40 and 45 are all the same hardware, bar the 45 having the quattro, all just been downtuned, tell me if im wrong though lol

ive not tested time yet, shame the car does not have a built in timer, because id test it that way1

have you got quotes for power increase on yours yet?therbelieve the 35 and 40 are the same but there are differences with the 45 mainly to do with combustion cycles.

have you got quotes for power increase on yours yet?
100hp gain on a 150hp car is crazy so I’m not surprised, the difference must be night and day.

They’re all based on the same EA888 gen3 engine. I believe the 35 and 40 share the same new combustion cycle (Miller cycle that is meant to improve efficiency) but this is different to the 45 and there are a few other differences although you could probably tune the 35/40 to similar levels of the 45.

Get the stopwatch out and do it the old fashioned way lol!

I haven’t got any proper quotes yet but will enquire around a few places.