Audi A5 3.0 TDI QUATTRO - Some upgrade advice please guys!

Dan Masoomi

Reaction score
Website
www.danmasoomi.com
Hi everyone

I have been wanting to make this car my own since I bought it a few months ago. I just wanted to see if anyone else has made the same upgrades I'm thinking of and if they have any advice or experience good or bad.

first of all I would like to get a stage one map - my car is nippy as it is 245bhp but always wanted an s5 so would a stage one really make much of a difference? Ive seen they can upgrade the car to around 300bhp? Has anyone had this done on the same model car? how did it feel?

Also I don't know much about remapping but what happens with the stage 2? is that another ECU upgrade or would I need to start up grading parts of my car? can a stage 1 and stage 2 be done in the same day?

the next thing is pretty strange and people may think I'm daft but I hate the sound of a diesel car, even though I love everything about my car the diesel sound is so off putting. Is there any mods or exhaust mods I could make to make it sound better?

Thanks guys!

Dan

This is my car below....
IMG 3661

Hi Dan, not sure where you are in the country but if anywhere near Manchester, Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments is very good with this engine. A stage 1 map will get you over 300 bhp and 700Nm.
To get any more power or more noise you really need to remove the DPF. This has a really big effect on the noise the car makes.
You can make it sound very undiesel like if you remove the DPF and basically go straight through.

With no DPF you will be around 320bhp, As your car is an S tronic I would probably look to limit the torque to around 700Nm.
At 320bhp there wouldn't be much difference in terms of performance compared to a standard S5.
I would upgrade the intercooler as well. Have a lok at the build thread for my car linked in signature.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, kanecullen89 and Dan Masoomi
man! thank you for such a great reply! I will go away and research! thank you so much. I'm from Liverpool actually so Manchester is only next door.

How much does removal of the DPF Cost? or does that mean I will have to buy a whole new system?

great video mate thank you, also my other mod was to remove all rear badges including the audi one think it will look much cleaner!

Hi there, I have had the two back boxes deleted on my A5 3.0 V6 TDI. There is a loud hissing from the exhaust when idling and then all of a sudden it can get louder. It is a bit like a hair dryer noise! Sounds great when I put my toe down though! Any ideas what this could be please? Some garages think the DPF may have been gutted by the previous owner, could this be contributing to the noise?
Thanks.

I think the whistling is actually the turbo - from hearing a milltek though I'd say it was more like darth vaders breathing :p

Hi, We tune cars ourselves and I have dealt with a lot of these over the years, firstly:

If you want a good upgrade I would recommend getting your DPF Removed and a performance Air filter alongside a Stage 2 remap (as dpf has been removed). This will transform your car alone and you dont have to worry about a blocked DPF in the future.

If you want a good sound from your TDI me personally I would recommend you try MSL Performance in Birmingham - They put a screamer in the exhaust system and it transforms the sound of TDI's.

This below link is a video of a customers car remapped by us and a screamer put in the exhaust by MSL.

Hi everyone

I have been wanting to make this car my own since I bought it a few months ago. I just wanted to see if anyone else has made the same upgrades I'm thinking of and if they have any advice or experience good or bad.

first of all I would like to get a stage one map - my car is nippy as it is 245bhp but always wanted an s5 so would a stage one really make much of a difference? Ive seen they can upgrade the car to around 300bhp? Has anyone had this done on the same model car? how did it feel?

Also I don't know much about remapping but what happens with the stage 2? is that another ECU upgrade or would I need to start up grading parts of my car? can a stage 1 and stage 2 be done in the same day?

the next thing is pretty strange and people may think I'm daft but I hate the sound of a diesel car, even though I love everything about my car the diesel sound is so off putting. Is there any mods or exhaust mods I could make to make it sound better?

Thanks guys!

Dan

This is my car below....View attachment 99704
Hi, We tune cars ourselves and I have dealt with a lot of these over the years, firstly:

If you want a good upgrade I would recommend getting your DPF Removed and a performance Air filter alongside a Stage 2 remap (as dpf has been removed). This will transform your car alone and you dont have to worry about a blocked DPF in the future.

If you want a good sound from your TDI me personally I would recommend you try MSL Performance in Birmingham - They put a screamer in the exhaust system and it transforms the sound of TDI's.

This below link is a video of a customers car remapped by us and a screamer put in the exhaust by MSL.

Hi how you doing mate iv just bought this car
What upgrades did you do to it.

I’ve got a 2012 A4 Avant 3 litre diesel which I had mapped by Dervtech in Manchester and it’s running 305bhp and 656nm at 1687rpm on a stage 1 with the car completely standard still using the dpf and egr

Reactions: Rob Milligan
245hp model make 330hp with 750nm with correct tuning (with dpf)
I've done several of them for a number of years now.

I also do a roller bearing hybrid for the VZK if you really want to go fast

Cheers

Reactions: Bishop187 and Horia
245hp model make 330hp with 750nm with correct tuning (with dpf)
I've done several of them for a number of years now.

I also do a roller bearing hybrid for the VZK if you really want to go fast

Cheers

Hi Bobby, whats your contact details, just bought a A5 3,0 looking to get it mapped. Thanks

Been reading about these 3tdi a while now.
Does anyone know what cp3 pump and injectors il need ie...what car they come off or what the part numbers are.