Audi A5 2.0 TDI - Quattro

spaceman86

Reaction score
Right after much deliberation i've decided to go for the A5. What is the best engine to go for in terms of MPG and performance balance? Thinking about the 2.0 TDI Quattro...........

The 2.0TDi is the perfect choice for your requirements although I'm not sure the quattro is really necessary on anything but the 3.0TDi.
I tested the 2.0TFSi (very quiet but needs revs) and the 3.0TDi Quattro (awesome pulling power and very smooth) before opting for the 2.0TDi (pulls better than the TFSi and with better economy) but decided I would rather have all the extras available with the S-Line Special Edition over the Quattro with just Sport trim.
Please don't take this as gospel, this is just what I preferred.

im in the same boat dont know what one to get the 3.0tdi is taking me thou, as been explained in a thread i started earlier one of the mods explained (NHM) If you basically drive like a nun you can average 40mpg... and then the power is always there if needed? 240bhp under your right foot and with a remap more power better economy... no brainer
Its a big car too needs a bit of meat under that 4foot bonnet

Assuming you are talking about brand new - the 2.0 TFSi.

I'm used to Evo's but wanted something 4WD with good power and decent economy.

I tried the 2.0 TDI (177) but found it very underpowered (I've ran different brand 2.0TDi's for 13 years as company cars so know them very well).

The 3.0 TDI was too costly an not available with manual box, so I wanted a drive of the 2.0 TFSi. Had to wait 6 weeks before they managed to get one and I was astonished at the performance for 211 bhp. Has to be due to the 258 lb/ft torque.

Ordered one immediately and had it 6 weeks now and love it.