Audi A5 2.0 TDI Issues

Steve2583

Reaction score
Hi all!

I’m new to this forum and have a couple of questions regarding my A5 2.0 TDI. It’s a 64 plate with 54000 miles on the clock and it sounds pretty crap and I’m not sure why. The diesel cackle is quite loud when I press the throttle and I’m looking at ways to reduce the noise. Also the exhaust doesn’t sound right, it sounds like a car much older. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Sounds like a good service is in order and get the exhaust inspected. Could be a defect somewhere in the exhaust system .

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Hi Scotty, thanks for the reply. I had the car serviced with Audi 4 months ago As for the exhaust, it has been cut off and put back on again due to myself wanting a better exhaust sound and realising it didn’t make any different with a different one on. So I got the guy in the garage to put back on the OEM exhaust. Would that really make a difference? He slid it back on and it looks pretty secure.

Did you have the emissions fix done? I know other people who have complained after it has been done as the car started sounded worse and performance was worse