Audi A5 1.4 TFSI

WeWantWealth1

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've had my Audi A5 1.4 TFSI 2018 (UK) for nearly a year now.

Since I've owned it I'd say the fuel economy of the car hasn't been great at all. I am probably getting 25-30 MPG most days unless it's a motorway journey. I've raised with with Audi several times but whenever they look into it they say there's nothing wrong with the car. I appreciate it's a relatively small engine on a big car but according to a document I've seen with all the Audi engines and MPGs, it should be 42. I appreciate it won't be exactly this but I wouldn't expect it to be 25% less than this.

I have noticed that there is no efficiency mode on the car though. It has comfort, auto, dynamic and individual. Should it have a separate efficiency mode and if not what is the closest equivalent? I have asked my local Audi dealership and they didn't know the answer. They told me to look in the manual which does make reference to an efficiency mode.

Many thanks.

If you are only doing small trips it will be pretty poor tbh, don't forget that Audi get that figure from have the car on a rolling road with no aircon e.t.c. on all windows closed and probably sat at bang on 50mph. I've always found that in real world driving most manufacturers given mpg figures are way off.
Also like you said 1.4 is a bit small for an A5, driving my daughters A1 with the 1.4tfsi motor makes for quite a brisk drive and she's regularly getting anywhere between 38-44mpg.

Hello everyone,

I've had my Audi A5 1.4 TFSI 2018 (UK) for nearly a year now.

Since I've owned it I'd say the fuel economy of the car hasn't been great at all. I am probably getting 25-30 MPG most days unless it's a motorway journey. I've raised with with Audi several times but whenever they look into it they say there's nothing wrong with the car. I appreciate it's a relatively small engine on a big car but according to a document I've seen with all the Audi engines and MPGs, it should be 42. I appreciate it won't be exactly this but I wouldn't expect it to be 25% less than this.

I have noticed that there is no efficiency mode on the car though. It has comfort, auto, dynamic and individual. Should it have a separate efficiency mode and if not what is the closest equivalent? I have asked my local Audi dealership and they didn't know the answer. They told me to look in the manual which does make reference to an efficiency mode.

Many thanks.
I have the 2.0 190bhp version, tend to keep the car in comfort mode as that's why I changed from an S3 to the A5, I wanted comfort! In and around town I'm getting 25-27mpg doing short trips, less if it's cold and everything is on. On a 20 min run along A roads I normally hit around 40mpg, last week I did an hour each way into North Wales sitting at 60 mph and returned 48mpg which is good.

I recently changed my tyres from Continantals to Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6's and straight away I could feel the car rolling better, which helps with mpg.

Do you have aircon turned on or off, that uses more fuel if on all the time.
Just been out to look and on the 2.0 190 you get the option of efficiency!

Eff