Audi A4 'Water Pistol' to VW Passat 'Fan Jet' Conversion....

My pair of jets has just arrived from Poland. Four days, including a weekend is pretty impressive.

Can't get out there to fit them just now, as it's raining.

Looking at them, there is a small hole just to the side of the fan jet, which I am presuming is the adjuster. I hven't examined it too closely yet, but am guessing it takes a small allen key. Can anyone confirm this is the adjuster, and if so, which way it works; i.e. clockwise for up etc?

EDTE: Soon figured out the adjuster; in fact, it took a tiny torx bit. The jets are fitted and working. As per the guide, I packed them using cardboard and once I'd got them positioned, applied liberal quantities of PVA adhesive. I've left the cardboard in place while the adhesive goes off. Whole process took half an hour, and I am a useless clutz. Someone who knows what they're doing and has a normal supply of hand/eye co-ordination will manage it in half the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jespy
My pair of jets has just arrived from Poland. Four days, including a weekend is pretty impressive.

Can't get out there to fit them just now, as it's raining.

Looking at them, there is a small hole just to the side of the fan jet, which I am presuming is the adjuster. I hven't examined it too closely yet, but am guessing it takes a small allen key. Can anyone confirm this is the adjuster, and if so, which way it works; i.e. clockwise for up etc?

EDTE: Soon figured out the adjuster; in fact, it took a tiny torx bit. The jets are fitted and working. As per the guide, I packed them using cardboard and once I'd got them positioned, applied liberal quantities of PVA adhesive. I've left the cardboard in place while the adhesive goes off. Whole process took half an hour, and I am a useless clutz. Someone who knows what they're doing and has a normal supply of hand/eye co-ordination will manage it in half the time.

Right, well apparently it's gonna take me even longer!!! So much so I gave up :). When you say packed with cardboard what did you do mate??? Thanks in advance

Right, well apparently it's gonna take me even longer!!! So much so I gave up :). When you say packed with cardboard what did you do mate??? Thanks in advance

The plastic oval surround is about 2mm narrower than the standard ones, so when you position it in the hole in the underside of the bonnet, there's a 2mm or so gap between the surround and the leading edge of the hole - i.e. the edge towards the front of the bonnet - for most of its length. This means none of the little retaining lugs engage, so it doesn't stay in place unassisted. So you need to use an adhesive between the surround and the bonnet where the two surfaces touch. You also have to stuff something into the afore-mentioned gap to hold everything in place until the glue has bonded. i used some folded cardboard. Once the glue had gone off, I eased the cardboard out, and then ran a bead of silicon sealant along the gap to close it up.

Good work, will give it a go tomorrow probably. Me and DIY don't go. Although I managed to change air filter, map sensor and clean throttle body today. And downside managed to break shaft on rear wiper doing Q5 wiper conversion :( so need a new motor now

Thanks mate

Lol, finally got round to fitting them. Adjustment doesn't seem to do much though?? Assume its clockwise for up? Just thought it would adjust to the middle of the screen. Hitting around the wiper position currently

Edit

Just reread and saw they need to be screwed right in to max adjustment for best results. Will try later. They appear to be glued reasonably flush

Done this mod the other day while my car is on stands in the garage getting brakes done. However I held them up in place using tape and used epoxy putty to fill the gap and hold them in place. Once it had set I went over with a black paint pen (as the putty is grey in colour) to tidy it up a bit more. Much neater finish than glue IMO.

A quick query.. where have you guys been ordering parts from which need shipping from Poland ?

Thanks

Matt

I've a new set of these available if anyone interested as sold car. Effort fitting...

anyone have a list of what cars came with these fitted?

Will this work on 2011 B8 version??

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Will this work on 2011 B8 version??

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
I believe it will; I'm a B8 owner now, and although I've not tried to do the same mod on my B8, I've seen on the B8 forum that others have done it.