1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi A4 owner in need of help!

WillH93 Jul 9, 2019

1. WillH93

WillH93 New Member

Hi there all,

I am about six months into owning a 2012 Audi A4 black edition 177 Quattro Tdi which I love.

However, I recently had it remapped and have been having issues with the clutch ever since. It doesn’t appear to be slipping however three times the clutch has been stuck all the way to the floor, which has happened randomly over a three day period. The biting point has felt different and the feel of it as well.

I took it to a local indi garage who weren’t too sure but have told me to carry on driving as normal but it’s unnerving to say the least.

Has anyone had any experience and/or advice? Will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

4. kimgriffiths2020

kimgriffiths2020 New Member

You could possibly have a transmission fluid leak.
    This might be Audicentric after a remap, but I've never heard of this before (but I'm no oracle).
    Whatever it is, I wouldn't be driving it until I've had a positive "all clear" from someone who knows Audi A4's.
    If your clutch is getting stuck, it could be dangerous to yourself and could potentially wreck your engine!
    Are you a member of the AA or RAC?
    If you are, give them a call out to come and check it over before you drive it again.. Hopefully, it's absolutely nothing, but it's worth getting it looked over!
    It's too nice a car not to.
    Good luck! :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk