Audi A4 - new car delivery checklist

numec

Reaction score
Hi all,
I will be getting the A4 delivered first week September and just wondering if you can share some checklists to remind/notify the dealer?

The plan is to get the car delivered to me so probably has to notify anything to the dealer beforehand. Things like, ensure the car is set to 18k/2 year service cycle or myaudi registration (do I need dealer help on this?) or anything else.

This will be my first Audi experience, coming from Range Rover Velar and my other car is MK5 GTI :blush:

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
What model are you getting? Not sure if the new one's come with the door stickers but if it does you could ask them to apply them.

If the car is being delivered make sure you have the Audi connect code which is on a plastic strip. They can be attached to the key fob or mine was tucked into the wallet with the manual. I had to call to find out where mine was as it wasn't obvious.

Reactions: numec
What model are you getting? Not sure if the new one's come with the door stickers but if it does you could ask them to apply them.

If the car is being delivered make sure you have the Audi connect code which is on a plastic strip. They can be attached to the key fob or mine was tucked into the wallet with the manual. I had to call to find out where mine was as it wasn't obvious.
Cheers for the info.
It will be just the mere S Line 40 TFSI S-Tronic with very few extras :racer:

I guess I'm too late to join the bandwagon then.

Look on the inside of the front cover of the owners handbook to ensure the dealer has stuck the cars data sticker in there. This gives you chassis and engine numbers plus engine code and codes for the equipment fitted to your vehicle.

Ask them to ensure tyres are inflated to the correct pressures (as shown on side door sticker) and not to the transportation pressures, which are usually around 50 PSI :crying: Keep an eye out for this :)

Reactions: numec and cuke2u
Thanks all for the inputs.
Quick questions:
1) Can I check the car's specs from the VIN/Chassis number?
2) If not, how is the quickest way to check that they are the Nappa Leather as specced without using the specs code mentioned?

VIN numbers won't show the options you've chosen, only thinks like model, engine, transmission, colour, where built etc. Your best bet is the option sticker in the boot.
Plus this http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes where you can look up the codes...

Got the A4 delivered today smoothly. Cheers all for the help!

Reactions: cuke2u
Not the best but here she is :)

Attachments

• PicsArt_09-12-08.05.59.jpg
    PicsArt_09-12-08.05.59.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: cuke2u
I feel like getting the obdeleven just to enable the needle sweep (mine is non VC) and the taillight DRL on.

No stickers came with it unfortunately