audi a4 fuele filter location??

ss

Reaction score
thye car is a 2010 AUDI A4 2.0TDie start stop
the engine code is CAGB,B8 platform
where is the fuel filter located on this model?
also can anyone recommend a good source of information on these models as haynes do not cover thisi model?too new i guess

Don't quote me but I think its under the drivers footwell!..

He's right !
ive heard best fill new one with fuel,dont crank these engines without fuel or it may finish off the fuel pump
Don't quote me but I think its under the drivers footwell!..

As above fuel filter located under the plastic covers under the car below where the drivers feet would be.
Elsa win is the best source of information by far it's what the dealers use. Available off Fleabay.
On these cars there is a process to go through to bleed air from the system.
From ElsaWin

Caution
If components of the fuel system between the fuel tank and the high-pressure fuel pump are removed or renewed, the basic setting “Checking fuel system pressurisation pump” must be performed to bleed the fuel system.
If the supplementary fuel pump, fuel line (between fuel tank and high-pressure fuel pump) or fuel filter is removed or renewed, the basic setting “Checking fuel system pressurisation pump” must be performed before the engine is started for the first time.

Proceed as follows to fill fuel system with fuel:
– Connect a → Vehicle diagnostic tester.
– Switch on ignition.
– Select “Engine electronics” in vehicle self-diagnosis.
– Then select “Basic setting”.
– Select “Checking fuel system pressurisation pump” from the list.
– Press “Start” button.
– The fuel pumps start running.
– The fuel pumps must run for approx. 1 minute to ensure that the fuel system is filled sufficiently with fuel.

Note
To repeat basic setting, switch ignition off and on once. Then start basic setting again.
– Start engine after filling fuel system.
– Run engine at moderate speed for several minutes and then switch off.
– Check fuel system for leaks.
– Erase entry in event memory using diagnostic tester.
– After completing the repair, road-test the vehicle. Accelerate with full throttle at least once. Then check the high-pressure section of the fuel system again for leaks.

Note
If there is any air left in the fuel system, the engine may switch to the backup mode ('emergency running' mode) during the road test. Switch off the engine and erase the event memory. Then continue the road test.

You can do this with VCDS

Karl.

Reactions: offpist
As above fuel filter located under the plastic covers under the car below where the drivers feet would be.
Elsa win is the best source of information by far it's what the dealers use. Available off Fleabay.
On these cars there is a process to go through to bleed air from the system.
From ElsaWin

Caution
If components of the fuel system between the fuel tank and the high-pressure fuel pump are removed or renewed, the basic setting “Checking fuel system pressurisation pump” must be performed to bleed the fuel system.
If the supplementary fuel pump, fuel line (between fuel tank and high-pressure fuel pump) or fuel filter is removed or renewed, the basic setting “Checking fuel system pressurisation pump” must be performed before the engine is started for the first time.

Proceed as follows to fill fuel system with fuel:
– Connect a → Vehicle diagnostic tester.
– Switch on ignition.
– Select “Engine electronics” in vehicle self-diagnosis.
– Then select “Basic setting”.
– Select “Checking fuel system pressurisation pump” from the list.
– Press “Start” button.
– The fuel pumps start running.
– The fuel pumps must run for approx. 1 minute to ensure that the fuel system is filled sufficiently with fuel.

Note
To repeat basic setting, switch ignition off and on once. Then start basic setting again.
– Start engine after filling fuel system.
– Run engine at moderate speed for several minutes and then switch off.
– Check fuel system for leaks.
– Erase entry in event memory using diagnostic tester.
– After completing the repair, road-test the vehicle. Accelerate with full throttle at least once. Then check the high-pressure section of the fuel system again for leaks.

Note
If there is any air left in the fuel system, the engine may switch to the backup mode ('emergency running' mode) during the road test. Switch off the engine and erase the event memory. Then continue the road test.

You can do this with VCDS

Karl.

wow that is good information on elsawin, but bad for the diy person,requiring vcds to allow a fuel filter change.
it was a much simpler process on 2004 tdi engines,no vcds required.
i suppose it is audis way of closing the shop to diy enthusiasts.

Last edited:
hi, would you be able to tell me what size socket( in mm) tool is needed to undo the oil filter cover/ housing on this car?.

32mm I recon..... its certainly one of the larger 1/2" drive sockets in the box.

thye car is a 2010 AUDI A4 2.0TDie start stop
the engine code is CAGB,B8 platform
where is the fuel filter located on this model?
also can anyone recommend a good source of information on these models as haynes do not cover thisi model?too new i guess

Hi does anybody knows where there is fuel filter on audi a4 2.0 TFSI 2009 code CDNC thanks I have checked where all of You have said but there is something else there

I am only after changing the fuel filter in my 2011 a4 2.0 tdi 143bhp and as everyone has said it is directly underneath drivers side, you will have 2 plastics covers to remove the long and one and the small one at the top. once you have screwed them all of there will be 2 more bolt to screw then remove the in and out fuel lines running into the pump (take note of which side was out and which was in when putting the new one in) once removed just simply put the new one in but make sure you fill it up with fuel (I used a large syringe) as this will stop in system filling with air. once on and plastics all fitted, turn the car on and after a couple of minutes take it a spin and everyone should be running as normal. No need for all that vcds crap,

have a look here-it may be similar to yours but im not sure.

DIY: Replacing the Fuel Filter

Hi after a bit o searching I can now confirm that in my car audi a4 B8 2009 2.0 TFSI CDNC the filter is in .... the fuel tank forever unless the wrong fuel is put which I think is wrong but. This is the ETKA picture and I was told that by parts shop when I rang and ask them where it is since they sold me one which in the end was wrong because it was for B7

Fuel tank