Audi A4 from RNS Low to RNS E

Barry90

Reaction score
Hello

Sorry to bother you but I have a little problem I was hoping someone could help me with..
I drive a Audi A4 B7 8E 2007 2.7 TDI s line
And I have originally RNS Low radio installed.

( http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTQ4WDk2Ng==/z/zVEAAMXQ1PNRdkwz/$T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fDwrYBRdkwzLWuw~~60_1.JPG )

Now I bought a RNS E and installed it in my car and everything, and this is where the problems start..

1) The Pin-code I received is not correct. (I have contacted Audi)
How can I retrieve the Pin code?

2) Also my screen wont open and CD wont eject?
I read on the internet that you could buy a cd to "update" so your pincode becomes the last 4 digits of your serial number.
But I can't seem to open the screen, so I could put in that cd.

3) And then I tried to connect with vagcom..
But I could not connect with my radio/navigation..
Is this because it is still asking for the pin code? Or is there something with the wiring?
Because I have read that you have to change the wiring sometimes if you change radio's but I think the wiring for the RNS models are all the some, no?
Problem is I don't understand much about the wiring like K Line and CAN and stuff..

(I don't have BOSE)

PS: I'm from Belgium, and the RNS-E is an EU-model.. I don't know if this is relevant.

I was hoping someone could maybe help me out step by step in normal language so I could make it work anyway.

Thanks!

Barry

Kline wire needs moving for comms with vcds.

DVD drive needs unlocking possibly, but if pin code is wrong the eject button only works until the pin code screen displays, so you give to be quick to open the screen & insert a disc.

What version rns-e is it?

I don't know what version it is..
I can give you the serial nr? AUZBZ7N3969054

Can you help me with the wiring step by step if i post the pictures here?

Thanks

Barry