Audi a4 engine fan turns on AFTER car is off..

Miyaka

Reaction score
hey guys :)
I have an audi a4 2006 and the engine fan turns on AFTER i shut the car off. Ill go inside open the door 10mins later and its making a racket. This has happened since the last 3 days every morning the battery is dead. Ill charge it as soon as it gets enough juice the fan turns on again.! Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thank you

hey guys :)
I have an audi a4 2006 and the engine fan turns on AFTER i shut the car off. Ill go inside open the door 10mins later and its making a racket. This has happened since the last 3 days every morning the battery is dead. Ill charge it as soon as it gets enough juice the fan turns on again.! Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thank you

This could be a faulty thermostat. On modern cars if any of the sensors detect anything out of the norm, like an engine has reached a certain temperature, it will spring to life.

The thermostat would be the first place to check, just to make sure it's functioning as it should, along with the sensor that activates the fan. There could be some temperamental wiring.

Good luck, PP

This could be a faulty thermostat. On modern cars if any of the sensors detect anything out of the norm, like an engine has reached a certain temperature, it will spring to life.

The thermostat would be the first place to check, just to make sure it's functioning as it should, along with the sensor that activates the fan. There could be some temperamental wiring.

Good luck, PP

Just had a thought. Try and isolate the battery once you've switched the engine off - bonnet open to expel the residual heat for about 5 mins - and reconnect the battery. If the fan starts working again without turning the ignition, it is most likely the sensors and/or the thermostat.