Audi A4 Concert cd Hu advice

steveboyo

Quattro'd Caravan
Reaction score
Hi All
I own a late Audi a4 B5 shape(facelift) 1.8 TQS 2000 X reg. Looking to upgrade the existing Audi concert tape player(changer control) to concert single din cd player(with changer control). Does anyone know the correct Audi part number of the concert cd player? Been qouted loads of different numbers but unsure of which one to purchase.
My car also has the DIS system.
Thanks
Steve

shows 2000 head unit as 4B0 057 186 CX/DX or EX whichever one has cd actually on the head unit, etka isnt actually 100% specific as it says all as cassette but image shows cd slot, but as long as the 1st 9 part numbers at front then you can work out from there I guess. (I bet Andymac is hiding round the corner again)

Check on navplus.us aswell mate thats the best site for car hifi info.

Ah also there's a note that says 4B0 035 186 (letter) is a compatible aswell, so any cd head unit with this part number would also work.

Like this one, way over priced but shows you what you want at least:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-original...40:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

Thanks for reply
Just checked my Audi concert tape player in car and it has 4B0 035 186E number on it. And it says concert plus on the side. The car is a b5 shape A4 and was made in sept 2000 chasis 8dz.
can you please confirm numbers for cd Player. As i've been reading some threads on here and am a bit confused as to what cd player i can use?
Got numbers
4B0 057 186 Sx
4B0 057 186 G
and 4B0 035 186 G
Steve

Well they are all the part numbers that I advised from etka so as long as its cd head unit then should work fine.

You need to ensure it's a non CANBUS model, as your B5 is not CANBUS enabled. You need anything pre-2001, I'm not sure they even did the Concert II prior to going CANBUS. Also the fascia's vary depending on which Audi model they are from. Not very helpful I know. I would check with an Audi dealer, the spare dept are usually really helpful.

Hi All
Thanks for the info. Looks like a call to Audi to get some part numbers.
Steve

I`ve been thinking about doing this upgrade to my 2001 B5 and have managed to find out the following information:

First of all you need to get hold of an A6/TT version of the Concert II as this has the same sized front fascia as the original Concert I Tape/Radio. The Part Number Is : 4B0 035 186 (then a letter).

If you just fit one of these it will physically fit and work with the following exceptions :

Gala speed volume control will not work.

The buttons will not illuminate when you turn on your headlights.

The unit will switch off after 1 hour and will not switch on or off with ignition.

The reason for the above is because the B5 does not have a CAN Bus.

This put me off doing this upgrade until I found the following CAN Bus Interface for sale on the following german website:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...lator-Audi-Concert-2--Chorus-2--Symphony.html

This looks like the answer, so I might give it a go myself.

Hope this has been of some help.

Cheers Martin

:blackrs4::arco: