Audi A4 Cab (B7) 2008 ESP ABS & Brake warnings lights on

mattyboy199

Reaction score
I'm struggling to work out the associated fault with the brake system, for no apparent reason the ESP, ABS & brake warning (! in DIS) lights come on & remain on until the car it switched off & on again. I have scanned for faults codes but none have been recorded, brake fluid has also been checked & fine.

Can anyone help ???

Regards,

Matt

When mine did this it turned out to be the air intake pipe from the airbox to the engine had popped off slightly. Worth a check

do you have access to VCDS, that will be the most effective way of tracing the problem otherwise you could be looking for the source for sometime..
plenty of vcds users on here that may be willing to help out, where are you based.
there is a vcds map aswell if that helps.

Thanks Mart i will check that out along with any other easily accessible connections.

Rob,

I did a scan using torque and a wifi adapter, i have VCDS for my S3 8l which isn't compatible with the B7 A4. Using torque, no codes have been found hence the post

I don't think the scan method you used is reporting things fully , I think if you can get vcds to run or a copy that will run it will bring up any relavant data to show the possible cause.

Torque isn't the best on these cars pal.

Ive had to crack vcds out quite a lot as torque just missed the error codes. Annoying really.

where are you buddy? i have VCDS if it helps

Cheltenham, Birmignham, Swindon, Worcester and most places inbetween

Out of interest, which type of VCDS are the better to use and not stupidly expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will check the one I have but it was about £270 new
However it's saved me that in first 2 weeks as I had a fault and I have helped about 10 people in here with free scans and coding

Will check the one I have but it was about £270 new
However it's saved me that in first 2 weeks as I had a fault and I have helped about 10 people in here with free scans and coding

If you're around Warwickshire any time let me know would be good to meet you and find out more about VCDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above, where abouts are you located? If you are anywhere near me I can help out with VCDS.

Dani B

Do i just need an OBD2 cable for a B7 car? And use the same version of VCDS as My S3 8L?