Audi A4 B9 rear windows problem.Anyone else?

Audi1980**

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My 16 plate Audi A4 B9 has just developed juddering rear windows on the way down. I had an accident recently and was told it might be the codeing but has anyone else had this? I have an extended warrenty but I am unsure if it will cover this.

Juddering would indicate mechanical imho, both is a little coincidental tbh.

Do you mean it doesn't go all the one down with one touch or it stutters even when holding the button to down?

They both judder on the way down and then it take several pushes to get them back up. Front drivers windows only goes half way down too and the one touch has stopped working on all the windows.

Assuming you've tried a one touch reset?

Any airbag errors remaining?

Hello there, I wanted to try the one touch reset but cant get the windows all the way down to complete it. Rear windows stick three quarters of the way down (I know this is normal) but drivers front doing the same but not juddering. No airbag errors

Judder will be mechanical but the one shot is usually fixed by a reset...

Does seem weird. Its seems strange for all three to have problems at the same time. Even the front passenger side has started slowing up. One touch not working on any of them. It is booked in on Monday with the same machanic that re-coded it after I had the passeger side mirror replaced. I ended up have the driver side mirror motor also replaced as after the repair the drivers side mirror was moving slower than the passenger side. repairers said maybe the coding was knocked out after the motor was replaced as before they did that both front windows were working. I just wanted to get my accident behind me, really annoying me. Still need to get my clogged rear wiper sorted too.

Have you cleaned the car recently? The same happened recently on mine (both rear windows with same behaviour - one touch not working and if I held the button down they would judder). I put it down to too much wax on the windows (I had used one of these wash and wax shampoos). Gave them another wash (with just shampoo) and it seemed to sort itself.

Past few weeks ago my back windows stutter when going down. Doesn't happen every time though